Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > VHDL > model sim error plz clarify

model sim error plz clarify

chaitanyakurmala@gmail.com

# C:/Modeltech_xe_starter/win32xoem/vcom failed.
# while executing
# "vcom -explicit -93 D:/ise
projects/tutorial1/netgen/par/counter_timesim.vhd"

do there is some problem with my model sim or with program

i am using xilinx web edition 8.1 and modelsim xe III 6.0 starter
version. plz answer

KJ

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) ups.com...
># C:/Modeltech_xe_starter/win32xoem/vcom failed.
> # while executing
> # "vcom -explicit -93 D:/ise
> projects/tutorial1/netgen/par/counter_timesim.vhd"
>
> do there is some problem with my model sim or with program
>
> i am using xilinx web edition 8.1 and modelsim xe III 6.0 starter
> version. plz answer

In addition to learning VHDL through something other than a newsgroup as has
been already suggested I would also suggest that you try to learn how to use
your tools (in this case Modelsim) through some other mechanism as well if
you want to get up to speed before old age. Try some 'double clicks' or the
'F1' key or both; Modelsim gives much more detailed information about what
it is complaining about than just the filename. When you get that
information read it and try to understand it.

KJ