Velocity Reviews > General Computer Discussion > Hardware > DVD-Drive Problems. Please help!!!

DVD-Drive Problems. Please help!!!

inourtheir inourtheir is offline
Junior Member

Hi everyone,

I need serious help with my pc. Here is the situation, I used to own a Emachine C200 series and I took out the HD, CD-ROM, DVD-ROM and installed it into a universal PC(Home Built) Everything seems to work except when I play a dvd it doesn't lock up my pc, but it goes SUPER slow to the point where I have to wait like 10 minutes just to run any media playing program. The program runs and all but at a super major slow speed. Wierd part is I can play normal audio files on the dvd rom, but if I play any dvd, then it completly slow's down to the point where it freezes. I tried updating my drivers and don't really know what else to try. PLEASE HELP AND GIVE ME OPTIONS.

Thank You,
Mary