Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Java > stdin/stdout Redirection

stdin/stdout Redirection

carbonrocket@gmail.com

I dont know if anyone here can help or if I would be better going to a
WIN32 group - but because its to do with the use of Java I hope in the
correct place.

I am planning on an app that allows other people exe's to communicate
with it no matter what language or operating system they are using. The
main app will launch the exe and as such will be able to have the stdin
/ stdout redirected to itself for communication using CreateProcess()
(will figure out a *nix equivilant later on) method in the WIN32 API.

I know this will work with exe's created in C/C++, VB and likely most
other languages, however I am not sure whether it would work with a
java application as they are not compiled binaries - can anyone
reassure me as to whether or not it will work with java before I begin.

Essentially the question is can the stdin/stdout of a Java app be
redirected by the operating system when it launches?

Cheers
CBAR

Paul Davis

> I dont know if anyone here can help or if I would be better going to a
> WIN32 group - but because its to do with the use of Java I hope in the
> correct place.
>
> I am planning on an app that allows other people exe's to communicate
> with it no matter what language or operating system they are using. The
> main app will launch the exe and as such will be able to have the stdin
> / stdout redirected to itself for communication using CreateProcess()
> (will figure out a *nix equivilant later on) method in the WIN32 API.
>
> I know this will work with exe's created in C/C++, VB and likely most
> other languages, however I am not sure whether it would work with a
> java application as they are not compiled binaries - can anyone
> reassure me as to whether or not it will work with java before I begin.
>
> Essentially the question is can the stdin/stdout of a Java app be
> redirected by the operating system when it launches?

Yes

> Cheers
> CBAR

Chris Uppal

(E-Mail Removed) wrote:

> Essentially the question is can the stdin/stdout of a Java app be
> redirected by the operating system when it launches?

Yes.

-- chris

carbonrocket@gmail.com

Cheers Guys

Redirection Limit John Firefox 4 07-28-2005 10:47 AM
webcrawle with LWP: how to make redirection work? S Perl 1 01-14-2004 06:51 AM
input redirection MadHatter Perl 6 10-16-2003 04:05 PM
Re: Cisco PIX 6.31 Port Redirection - Not Working Memnoch Cisco 0 07-17-2003 05:22 PM
wccp 3550emi and Cacheflow 800 - transparent caching redirection news.tm.net.my Cisco 0 07-17-2003 02:48 AM

Advertisments