Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Firefox > Mozilla gets help from Microsoft to fix security flaws

Mozilla gets help from Microsoft to fix security flaws

Mosley Jones III

Mozilla has hired Window Synder (Yes that is here real name) to help with
the avalanche of security flaws exposed in firefox.
Window Synder worked on the security team for Internet Explorer and mozilla
have hired her in the hope that they could learn how Microsoft keeps IE
secure.

Believe it or not there are some people still saying that Fire fox is a
better browser because it is more secure, What a joke

Mozilla Champion (Dan)

Mosley Jones III wrote:
> Mozilla has hired Window Synder (Yes that is here real name) to help with
> the avalanche of security flaws exposed in firefox.
> Window Synder worked on the security team for Internet Explorer and mozilla
> have hired her in the hope that they could learn how Microsoft keeps IE
> secure.
>
> Believe it or not there are some people still saying that Fire fox is a
> better browser because it is more secure, What a joke

So? a person good in the field has joined Mozilla, whats wrong with that?

What avalanche of security flaws exposed in Firefox are you speaking of?

gwtc

Mosley Jones III wrote:
> Mozilla has hired Window Synder (Yes that is here real name) to help with
> the avalanche of security flaws exposed in firefox.
> Window Synder worked on the security team for Internet Explorer and mozilla
> have hired her in the hope that they could learn how Microsoft keeps IE
> secure.
>
> Believe it or not there are some people still saying that Fire fox is a
> better browser because it is more secure, What a joke

How about quoting where you got that.

--
There's this fella with a parrot. And this parrot swears like an old
salt, I mean he's a pistol. He can swear for five minutes straight
without repeating himself. Trouble is, the guy who owns him is a
quiet, conservative type, and the bird's foul mouth is driving him
nuts. One day, it just gets to be too much and the guy grabs the bird
by the throat, shakes him really hard, and yells, "QUIT IT!" But this
just makes the bird mad and he swears more than ever. Then the guy
gets angry and says, "OK for you," and locks the bird in a kitchen
cabinet. This really aggravates the bird and he claws and scratches,
and when the guy finally lets him out, the bird cuts loose with a
stream of vulgarities that would make a sailor blush. At that point,
the guy is so mad that he throws the bird into the freezer. For the
first few seconds there is a terrible din. The bird kicks and claws
and thrashes. Then it suddenly gets very quiet. At first the guy just
waits, but then he starts to think that the bird may be hurt. After a
couple of minutes of silence, he's so worried that he opens up the
freezer door. The bird meekly climbs onto the man's outstretched arm
and says, "Awfully sorry about the trouble I gave you. I'll do my best
to improve my vocabulary from now on." The man is astounded and amazed
at the transformation that has come over the parrot. Then the parrot
says, . . . to be continued

Mumia W. (reading news)

On 09/19/2006 06:54 AM, Mosley Jones III wrote:
> Mozilla has hired Window Synder (Yes that is here real name) [...]

troll

please ignore

--
http://www.ddj.com/dept/opensource/193000913

Leonidas Jones

Mosley Jones III wrote:
> Mozilla has hired Window Synder (Yes that is here real name) to help with
> the avalanche of security flaws exposed in firefox.
> Window Synder worked on the security team for Internet Explorer and mozilla
> have hired her in the hope that they could learn how Microsoft keeps IE
> secure.
>
> Believe it or not there are some people still saying that Fire fox is a
> better browser because it is more secure, What a joke

Old news:

She will be a real asset.

Lee

Mosley Jones III

"Leonidas Jones" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:C8XPg.184325$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Mosley Jones III wrote:
>> Mozilla has hired Window Synder (Yes that is here real name) to help with
>> the avalanche of security flaws exposed in firefox.
>> Window Synder worked on the security team for Internet Explorer and
>> mozilla have hired her in the hope that they could learn how Microsoft
>> keeps IE secure.
>>
>> Believe it or not there are some people still saying that Fire fox is a
>> better browser because it is more secure, What a joke

> Old news:

> She will be a real asset.

Yes she will, because Microsoft knowledge in securing browsers is a asset
that firefox needs

> Lee

gwtc

Mosley Jones III wrote:
> "Leonidas Jones" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:C8XPg.184325$(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Mosley Jones III wrote:
>>> Mozilla has hired Window Synder (Yes that is here real name) to help with
>>> the avalanche of security flaws exposed in firefox.
>>> Window Synder worked on the security team for Internet Explorer and
>>> mozilla have hired her in the hope that they could learn how Microsoft
>>> keeps IE secure.
>>>
>>> Believe it or not there are some people still saying that Fire fox is a
>>> better browser because it is more secure, What a joke

>> Old news:
>>
>> http://www.eweek.com/article2/0,1895,2012804,00.asp
>>
>> She will be a real asset.

> Yes she will, because Microsoft knowledge in securing browsers is a asset
> that firefox needs
>

>> Lee

"Microsofts knowledge in securing browers" -- is that supposed to be
an oxymoron statement? That was a good laugh, thanks!

--
Linguistic Evolution continued . . . In the third year, publik
akseptanse of the new spelling kan be expekted to reach the stage

gwtc

gwtc wrote:
> Mosley Jones III wrote:
>> "Leonidas Jones" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:C8XPg.184325$(E-Mail Removed)...

>>> Old news:
>>>
>>> http://www.eweek.com/article2/0,1895,2012804,00.asp
>>>
>>> She will be a real asset.

>> Yes she will, because Microsoft knowledge in securing browsers is a asset
>> that firefox needs
>>

>>> Lee

> "Microsofts knowledge in securing browers" -- is that supposed to be
> an oxymoron statement? That was a good laugh, thanks!

that should be browsers

--
Linguistic Evolution continued . . . In the third year, publik
akseptanse of the new spelling kan be expekted to reach the stage
where more komplikated changes are possible. Governments will
enkourage the removal of double letters, which have always ben a
deterent to akurate speling. Also, al wil agre that the horible mes of
silent "e"s in the languag is disgrasful, and they would go. By the
fourth year, peopl wil be reseptiv to steps such as replasing "th" by
"z" and "W" by "V". During ze fifz year, ze unesesary "o" kan be dropd
from vords kontaining "ou", and similar changes vud of kors; be aplid
to ozer kombinations of leters. After zis fifz yer, ve vil hav a reli
sensibl riten styl. Zer vil b no mor trubls or difikultis and evrivun
vil find it ezi tu understand ech ozer. Ze drem vil finali kum tru.

SteveG

Mosley Jones III wrote:
> "Leonidas Jones" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:C8XPg.184325$(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Mosley Jones III wrote:
>>> Mozilla has hired Window Synder (Yes that is here real name) to help with
>>> the avalanche of security flaws exposed in firefox.
>>> Window Synder worked on the security team for Internet Explorer and
>>> mozilla have hired her in the hope that they could learn how Microsoft
>>> keeps IE secure.
>>>
>>> Believe it or not there are some people still saying that Fire fox is a
>>> better browser because it is more secure, What a joke

>> Old news:
>>
>> http://www.eweek.com/article2/0,1895,2012804,00.asp
>>
>> She will be a real asset.

> Yes she will, because Microsoft knowledge in securing browsers is a asset
> that firefox needs

I'm trying to decide if you were being sarcastic here Mosley, or if you
really meant that ....

I hadn't realised that Microsoft had any expertise in securing browsers.
If they do then they keep it well under wraps, don't they?

Case in point: Symmantec issued another vulnerability warning for IE
today - now that's what I call secure browsing )

Yes I know that no browser is completely secure and vulnerabilities are
happening all the time.

--
Regards

Steve G

Leonidas Jones

SteveG wrote:
> Mosley Jones III wrote:
>> "Leonidas Jones" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:C8XPg.184325$(E-Mail Removed)...

>>> Old news:
>>>
>>> http://www.eweek.com/article2/0,1895,2012804,00.asp
>>>
>>> She will be a real asset.

>> Yes she will, because Microsoft knowledge in securing browsers is a
>> asset that firefox needs
>>

> I'm trying to decide if you were being sarcastic here Mosley, or if you
> really meant that ....
>
> I hadn't realised that Microsoft had any expertise in securing browsers.
> If they do then they keep it well under wraps, don't they?
>
> Case in point: Symmantec issued another vulnerability warning for IE
> today - now that's what I call secure browsing )
>
> Yes I know that no browser is completely secure and vulnerabilities are
> happening all the time.

They have great expertise, look at how much practice they get!

In fairness, there is a big/small target thing going on. As Mozilla's
market share has risen towards 15%, Moz has become a bigger target. Yet,
routinely, Mozilla reacts more quickly to patch security problems than
does Microsoft.

Lee