Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Wireless Networking > Wireless connections tab not visible

Wireless connections tab not visible

Ramesh

Hi Guys,

I am having Dell precision m60 laptop with intel(R) pro/wireless 2200
BG wireless adapter. It used to work great, but now all of a suden I
dont see the wireless icon and also "wireless connections" tab in
"Network and dialup connections". I checked the hardware it says device
is working properly. Can some one help me out on this? Thanks.

Malke

Ramesh wrote:

> Hi Guys,
>
> I am having Dell precision m60 laptop with intel(R) pro/wireless 2200
> BG wireless adapter. It used to work great, but now all of a suden I
> dont see the wireless icon and also "wireless connections" tab in
> "Network and dialup connections". I checked the hardware it says
> device is working properly. Can some one help me out on this? Thanks.

The Wireless Zero Configuration service needs to be running:

http://www.practicallynetworked.com/qa/qa20040311.shtml

Windows Zero Configuration (SP1) -

Windows Zero Configuration (SP2) -

Malke
--
Elephant Boy Computers
www.elephantboycomputers.com

Ramesh

Hi guys,

I am still having the problem. I'm running win2000 and my "wireless
configuration service" is running, but still i cant see wireless
network connections.

Any ideas.