Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Cisco > starting up a 2801

starting up a 2801

Frank

Hello

I'm new to Cisco world ...

I've started a brand new 2801 that I configured with the web interface
the configuration is ultra simple as there is a Netscreen firewall
behing this router to protect our LAN.

My question is : is there some specific things to do more than put an IP
addresse on the two ethernet interfaces to let the router route IP packets ?
I think as it is a router it will route by default but as I said
before I'm very new to cisco world.

Walter Roberson

In article <cs85q2$u68$(E-Mail Removed)>, Frank <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
:I've started a brand new 2801

:My question is : is there some specific things to do more than put an IP
:addresse on the two ethernet interfaces to let the router route IP packets ?
:I think as it is a router it will route by default but as I said
:before I'm very new to cisco world.

I don't know offhand how much the web interface takes care of for you.
With the CLI, there are a couple of things you would want to
configure:

ip router
ip classless
ip subnet-zero
interface ...
no shutdown
interface ...
no shutdown
ip route 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0 Default.Gateway.IP.Address
--
History is a pile of debris -- Laurie Anderson