Velocity Reviews - Computer Hardware Reviews

Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > DVD Video > FA: "Cinema Europe: The Other Hollywood" DVD--rare, OOP

Reply
Thread Tools

FA: "Cinema Europe: The Other Hollywood" DVD--rare, OOP

 
 
batchainpuller@mindspring.com
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Homer J Simpson
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      09-18-2006

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) ps.com...

For $100 + S&H ? Hardly.




 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Dan
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      09-18-2006

Homer J Simpson wrote:
> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed) ps.com...
>
> For $100 + S&H ? Hardly.


************
You could go to Amazon.com. Prices for used copies range from $155 to
$290.

 
Reply With Quote
 
Bill Vermillion
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      09-18-2006
In article <C6APg.22446$cz3.16250@edtnps82>,
Homer J Simpson <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
><(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>news:(E-Mail Removed) ups.com...
>
>For $100 + S&H ? Hardly.


Lowest price on Amazon from their new and used vendors is
$155.00. Highest price is $290.

At that $100 is a bargain. I'm glad I got mine when it was
still in print.

Bill

--
Bill Vermillion - bv @ wjv . com
 
Reply With Quote
 
Homer J Simpson
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      09-19-2006

"Dan" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) ups.com...
>
> Homer J Simpson wrote:
>> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:(E-Mail Removed) ps.com...
>>
>> For $100 + S&H ? Hardly.

>
> ************
> You could go to Amazon.com. Prices for used copies range from $155 to
> $290.


Amazon vendors wanted $125 for a $20 book I wanted - eBay vendor sold it me
for $15.








 
Reply With Quote
 
Bill Vermillion
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      09-19-2006
In article <4DGPg.24365$cz3.5474@edtnps82>,
Homer J Simpson <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>"Dan" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com...
>>
>> Homer J Simpson wrote:
>>> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>>> news:(E-Mail Removed) ps.com...
>>>
>>> For $100 + S&H ? Hardly.

>>
>> ************
>> You could go to Amazon.com. Prices for used copies range from $155 to
>> $290.

>
>Amazon vendors wanted $125 for a $20 book I wanted - eBay vendor sold it me
>for $15.


And I've found that if you got to abebooks.com you can find
hundreds of vendors for some titles with prices from really cheap
to outrageous.

The problem with "Cinema Europe" is that there are not too many
places that have that for sale. Books aren't quite the same as
DVDs.

And I heartily recommend Cinema Europe. I recorded it on S-VHS
when TCM first broadcast it, and then got the commercial DVD.

Maybe TCM will re-broadcast this series again someday.

Bill

--
Bill Vermillion - bv @ wjv . com
 
Reply With Quote
 
batchainpuller@mindspring.com
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      09-19-2006

Well, respectfully, I think you have little understanding of how
markets work and prices are made. if you can cite one vendor anywhere
selling this DVD set cheaper, please do so. You have the entire
internet at your disposal for the task. Everything else is just talk.

I'll give you a head start: there are none on Amazon, eBay, Froogle or
Shopzilla. But you can get the VHS set for a $1.50 cheaper on eBay.

 
Reply With Quote
 
Homer J Simpson
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      09-19-2006

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) ups.com...
>
> Well, respectfully, I think you have little understanding of how
> markets work and prices are made. if you can cite one vendor anywhere
> selling this DVD set cheaper, please do so. You have the entire
> internet at your disposal for the task. Everything else is just talk.
>
> I'll give you a head start: there are none on Amazon, eBay, Froogle or
> Shopzilla. But you can get the VHS set for a $1.50 cheaper on eBay.


But is this such a remarkable deal that it is OK to spam it across multiple
newsgroups? Now if he found 1,000 sets all for $9.99 . . . . .

















 
Reply With Quote
 
bigsilentfan@aol.com
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      09-21-2006

Bill Vermillion wrote:
> In article <C6APg.22446$cz3.16250@edtnps82>,
> Homer J Simpson <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> >
> ><(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> >news:(E-Mail Removed) ups.com...
> >
> >For $100 + S&H ? Hardly.

>
> Lowest price on Amazon from their new and used vendors is
> $155.00. Highest price is $290.
>
> At that $100 is a bargain. I'm glad I got mine when it was
> still in print.
>
> Bill
>
> --
> Bill Vermillion - bv @ wjv . com



Last time I checked, you can still rent this from Netflix (which most
everyone here belongs to). What's the big deal?

 
Reply With Quote
 
Homer J Simpson
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      09-21-2006

"Bill Vermillion" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> Lowest price on Amazon from their new and used vendors is
> $155.00. Highest price is $290.
>
> At that $100 is a bargain. I'm glad I got mine when it was
> still in print.


I'm more interested in his other series, "Hollywood: The Early Years". I
have a copy on tape but I'd like a copy on DVD.













 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
How to "force" my object never been changed by other other objectsusing it? Chris Dollin Java 8 02-08-2007 05:42 PM
How to access web.sitemap file from other virtual directories other than the current application root folder? hvajja@gmail.com ASP .Net 0 08-07-2006 08:26 PM
Re: OOP vs. public domain and other ruminations Walter Traprock DVD Video 0 12-14-2005 02:58 PM
Command to send messages to the other user who is in other line on Cisco Router Chennak Cisco 1 10-28-2005 10:33 AM
What other produces other than "PC Anywhere"? JnlSeb Computer Information 4 01-08-2004 06:12 PM



Advertisments