Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Java > Migrating to WTP from MyEclipse

Migrating to WTP from MyEclipse

tom.henricksen@gmail.com

We are trying to migrate from MyEclipse to WTP. I was looking for
suggestions on how to go about this. We are currently using Eclipse
3.1.2 and MyEclipse 4.1.1. We would like to migrate to WTP 1.0.3.
Has anyone done this? I was thinking of either unistalling MyEclipse
or just starting with a new installation as I can see pros and cons to
each way. I have tried the new install and the management of the
server is a little different in MyEclipse than WTP.
Thanks in advance,
Tom

David Orriss Jr

On 18 Sep 2006 07:22:51 -0700, http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) wrote:

>We are trying to migrate from MyEclipse to WTP.

May I ask why? Most people try to migrate from WTP *to* MyEclipse.
Not the other way around.

Traverse:
To ski across a slope at an angle; one of two quick and simple
methods of reducing speed.
Tree:
The other method.
-- from "The Skier's Dictionary"

tom.henricksen@gmail.com

David Orriss Jr wrote:
> On 18 Sep 2006 07:22:51 -0700, (E-Mail Removed) wrote:
>
> >We are trying to migrate from MyEclipse to WTP.

> May I ask why? Most people try to migrate from WTP *to* MyEclipse.
> Not the other way around.

We only use MyEclipse to start our Tomcat servers. I like MyEclipse
and have used it for a few years at a different job. We used more of
the features as well. Right now though for all our developers it is
more than we need. WTP will start and stop our Tomcat and save us a
few bucks too.

> Traverse:
> To ski across a slope at an angle; one of two quick and simple
> methods of reducing speed.
> Tree:
> The other method.
> -- from "The Skier's Dictionary"

David Orriss Jr

On 19 Sep 2006 06:05:59 -0700, (E-Mail Removed) wrote:

>We only use MyEclipse to start our Tomcat servers. I like MyEclipse
>and have used it for a few years at a different job. We used more of
>the features as well. Right now though for all our developers it is
>more than we need. WTP will start and stop our Tomcat and save us a
>few bucks too.

Ah I see. Well, I've tried what you ask only once before. I ended up
having to create new projects and put the code in the new project. I
couldn't figure out an easy way to do otherwise.

HTH