Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > asp.net page caching and cookies

asp.net page caching and cookies

Zdenko Rupcic

On my pages, I use cookies to remember user login information (I use a
custom database for login and password verification), so the user
doesn't have to log in next time they visit the page. Cookie reading
procedure is stored in an web user control. However, if I quit the
browser, reload and visit the page again, I am not logged in unless I
hit browser's refresh button or navigate to another page which uses the
same user control.
I seem to have found the source of this problem - page_load event for
..aspx page is raised before user control's page_load event, so .aspx
page is loaded before information from cookie is read. I don't know how
to prevent (or change) this though.

Thanks in advance