Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Java > semi-transparent Frames

semi-transparent Frames

azsx

can someone tell me how can i set the transparency of a Frame?
I tried:
Robot r = new Robot();
Rectangle rect = new Rectangle(0,0,d.width,d.height);
img = r.createScreenCapture(rect);
but thats not it. I think there should be another way of doing this,
but if there is not please give me some code that realy works, without
flickering and so on. Thank you!

Andrew Thompson

azsx wrote:
> can someone tell me how can i set the transparency of a Frame?
> I tried:
> Robot r = new Robot();
> Rectangle rect = new Rectangle(0,0,d.width,d.height);
> img = r.createScreenCapture(rect);
> but thats not it. I think there should be another way of doing this,
> but if there is not please give me some code that realy works, without
> flickering and so on.

I see you finally decided to mention what was 'not it'*.
The code I linked to on your earlier post was the best
attempt I've seen. If you can produce something better,
please let us know.

*
<http://groups.google.com/group/comp.lang.java.programmer/browse_frm/thread/6d9eb70341f5e8e4/c2b40224a721ca71#c2b40224a721ca71>
(And plese don't repost topics - it would have made
more sense to continue the original thread)

Note there is also a forum devoted to GUI matters,
comp.lang.java.gui

Andrew T.

having a problem with scrolling frames as if no frames surfunbear@yahoo.com HTML 0 03-08-2006 09:54 PM
Frames and borders around specific frames meyousikmann@yahoo.com HTML 1 02-10-2006 11:12 PM
Frames or not Frames... Ale HTML 17 08-05-2005 12:10 AM
Link needed to go from a non-frames page to a Frames page, and load a particular frame. How? - Newbe Philip HTML 3 06-28-2004 03:06 PM
From Frames to no frames? Powerslave2112 HTML 2 01-20-2004 10:30 PM

Advertisments