Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Cisco > 501 Memory Usage high

501 Memory Usage high

ikendo

Hi guys,

A quick question, why is my cisco pix 501 memory usage are soo high? As
right now, I have only 3meg left of 16meg. Is ths normal? I dont have much
setting on the configs(ftp,mail, and defualt stuffs).

thanks all

www.BradReese.Com

ikendo,

You may wish to investigate Cisco PIX Hardware Troubleshooting:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/...80094fd9.shtml

Hope this helps.

Brad Reese
Cisco Repair

Bod43@hotmail.co.uk

ikendo wrote:
> Hi guys,
>
> A quick question, why is my cisco pix 501 memory usage are soo high? As
> right now, I have only 3meg left of 16meg. Is ths normal? I dont have much
> setting on the configs(ftp,mail, and defualt stuffs).

My best guess is that this is probably OK,

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/...0800b0d85.html
Suggests that the 501 only supports 16M.

Monitor it for memory usage on an ongoing basis if you are worried.

I suspect that you cannot change the memory
size in any case. If you want more free memory
I think that you will have to get a more expensive Pix.
Pix 535 supoports 1G at least.
Free memory of course is of no value.

Walter will likely be along in a minute with the real
answer.