Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Firefox > Thunderbird: How to save complete thread of a newsgroup to a textfile

Thunderbird: How to save complete thread of a newsgroup to a textfile

Scott Steiner

Hi,

how do I save a _complete_ thread of a subscribed newsgroup in Thunderbird?

I want to save a complete single thread (original post and all replies)
in a single text file, but I can't seem to figure out how.

Any help much appreciated!

Thunderbird 1.5.0.7
Windows XP Home SP2

Tony Raven

Scott Steiner wrote on 17/09/2006 16:41 +0100:
> Hi,
>
> how do I save a _complete_ thread of a subscribed newsgroup in Thunderbird?
>
> I want to save a complete single thread (original post and all replies)
> in a single text file, but I can't seem to figure out how.
>
> Any help much appreciated!

How about?

Set up a new folder. Copy the thread to it. Go into your Profile and
copy the file contents out

--
Tony

- Leonardo da Vinci

Scott Steiner

Tony Raven schrieb:
> How about?
>
> Set up a new folder. Copy the thread to it. Go into your Profile and
> copy the file contents out

Thanks Tony, that did the trick!