Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > MCSE > OT: A New definition of OT

OT: A New definition of OT

Cerebrus

Hon'ble and dishon'ble Members,

Since 99% of the posts in this group are Off-topic, and us members have
gotten used to Off-topic posts, I propose that anyone who wants to post
something that is actually ON-topic (umm... yeah, that would be
relating to MCSE) should prefix "OT" before his subject line.

The the new definition of "OT" will then be : "On-Topic". In other
words, being On-topic would render you to be Off-topic, simply because
when Off-topic topics number in the vast majority, then the On-topic
posts are just a hindrance to the group.

What do you think ?

----------
Cerebrus.
MCNGP #LIV (LIVe feeds of dead things !)

Join the fight against Br@indumps
http://www.certguard.com/

~~~ The F-Word [28:06:42:12] ~~~

I appreciate the sentiment.

I preface OT before anything off topic so Ben Smith, or whoever cleans up
the messes I leave around here, has an easy(er) time identifying what to
delete. For that reason, I'm not likely to change that pattern.

Truth be told, there should just be a microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcse.ot
group where everything OT gets moved to. Problem is, any post of an on topic
nature in this group will become OT within 3 seconds of Neil reading it.

"Cerebrus" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) ups.com...
> Hon'ble and dishon'ble Members,
>
> Since 99% of the posts in this group are Off-topic, and us members have
> gotten used to Off-topic posts, I propose that anyone who wants to post
> something that is actually ON-topic (umm... yeah, that would be
> relating to MCSE) should prefix "OT" before his subject line.
>
> The the new definition of "OT" will then be : "On-Topic". In other
> words, being On-topic would render you to be Off-topic, simply because
> when Off-topic topics number in the vast majority, then the On-topic
> posts are just a hindrance to the group.
>
> What do you think ?
>
> ----------
> Cerebrus.
> MCNGP #LIV (LIVe feeds of dead things !)
>
> Join the fight against Br@indumps
> http://www.certguard.com/

=?Utf-8?B?T1RITUFO?=

-------------
Off Topic
Over Time
Occupational Therapy
Old Testament
Occupational Therapist
On Topic
Out Of Town
On Target
Old Town
Original Trilogy
Old Timer
Open Topic
Over Top
Optical Transient
Objective test
Office of Telecommunications
Official Translation
Off Theme
Old Tuberculin
Office of Transportation
Operating Theater
Officer Trainee
Operator Terminal
Overload Time
Open Trapdoor
Operational Test(ing)
Other Things
Out of Tune
One Thrown
Object Tool eXtended

what about Out of Topic?

Mike T.

"Cerebrus" <(E-Mail Removed)> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
news:(E-Mail Removed) ups.com...
> Hon'ble and dishon'ble Members,
>
> Since 99% of the posts in this group are Off-topic, and us members have
> gotten used to Off-topic posts, I propose that anyone who wants to post
> something that is actually ON-topic (umm... yeah, that would be
> relating to MCSE) should prefix "OT" before his subject line.
>
> The the new definition of "OT" will then be : "On-Topic". In other
> words, being On-topic would render you to be Off-topic, simply because
> when Off-topic topics number in the vast majority, then the On-topic
> posts are just a hindrance to the group.
>
> What do you think ?

Please don't mess with my head like this before I've had my third cup of
coffee.

--
Mike T.
MCNGP #XLI

Neil

did you hear "~~~ The F-Word [28:06:42:12] ~~~"
<http://www.planetoftheheads.com> say in news:Oq9mH6o2GHA.3464
@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl:

> Problem is, any post of an on topic
> nature in this group will become OT within 3 seconds of Neil reading it.

I fail to see how that relates to the OT discussion. I believe you might be
trying to thradjack this into an On-Topic item and for that I condemn you.

--
The InterNeil MCNGP Triple X

- Lustful Gypsy dwarf: Small medium enlarged ?

kpg

As Cerebrus once said in microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcse

> Since 99% of the posts in this group are Off-topic, and us members have
> gotten used to Off-topic posts, I propose that anyone who wants to post
> something that is actually ON-topic (umm... yeah, that would be
> relating to MCSE) should prefix "OT" before his subject line.
>
> The the new definition of "OT" will then be : "On-Topic". In other
> words, being On-topic would render you to be Off-topic, simply because
> when Off-topic topics number in the vast majority, then the On-topic
> posts are just a hindrance to the group.
>
> What do you think ?

I think you stole that idea from me.

Neil

did you hear kpg <(E-Mail Removed)> say in

> As Cerebrus once said in microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcse
>
>> Since 99% of the posts in this group are Off-topic, and us members have
>> gotten used to Off-topic posts, I propose that anyone who wants to post
>> something that is actually ON-topic (umm... yeah, that would be
>> relating to MCSE) should prefix "OT" before his subject line.
>>
>> The the new definition of "OT" will then be : "On-Topic". In other
>> words, being On-topic would render you to be Off-topic, simply because
>> when Off-topic topics number in the vast majority, then the On-topic
>> posts are just a hindrance to the group.
>>
>> What do you think ?

> I think you stole that idea from me.

yes, that sounded very familiar. it's so hard learnin the yungins'

--
The InterNeil MCNGP Triple X

- I object to sex on TV. I keep falling off!

Cerebrus

kpg wrote:

> I think you stole that idea from me.

No, I stole it from OT(HMAN). I don't consider stealing from OTHMAN as
stealing. I consider it taking what's rightfully mine.

He may have stolen it from you in the first place, I dunno. Now
*that's* stealing. Oh, how despicable, OTH !

kpg

As Cerebrus once said in microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcse

>> I think you stole that idea from me.

> No, I stole it from OT(HMAN). I don't consider stealing from OTHMAN as
> stealing. I consider it taking what's rightfully mine.
>
> He may have stolen it from you in the first place, I dunno. Now
> *that's* stealing. Oh, how despicable, OTH !

I bet OT:MAN would steal from his own grandma.

BD [MCNGP]

That's like stealing t3$tk!ngs and creating your own br@!ndump company.
--
BD