Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Cisco > Employment Advice for CCIE Obtainment

Employment Advice for CCIE Obtainment

VeeDub

Hi

I made a post a few days ago regarding Cisco Solutions providers in
Sydney to which I received some helpful information. I just wanted to
see if I could get some thoughts from those out there regarding what
type of "environment" I should be looking to work in based on my goals
and interests.

I have been working as a Consultant working primarily with Active
Directory for the past few years (I am 29). I have started to
increasingly lean more towards IP and Security and want to move much
more in that direction. I am a CCNP, MCSA and am completing my Masters
in Networking in November. I also have experience with PIX, Netscreen,
ISA and Watchguard firewalls. I am also becoming increasingly motivated

to obtain my CCIE but as the majority of my experience is in AD and
will continue to be if I dont change roles/companies, I realise I need
to do some
hard yards getting some more extensive and varied Cisco/IP/Security
experience than what
I have received so far with my employment and what the CCNP offers.

I have always worked for System Integrators which I find good due to
the range of different technologies and sites I work on so am leaning
towards finding another SI who works primarily in the IP and Cisco
space though.

I wanted to get some thoughts though on whether or not this may be the
best option in order to get suitable practical hands on experience to
move towards my CCIE. Would a Telco maybe be a better option as they
may have more equipment, or potentially try and work in a large company

that manages their own large internal an external networks? As I
mentioned, I am leaning more towards Security so want to get as much
exposure to this side of things with a variety of challenging tasks in
such as area.

So can anyone provide any feedback as to what they have found to be
good environments/industries/organisations to work for in order to
build highly technical knowledge and experience in this area and maybe
some of the bad points also?

Thanks in adance.
VD

www.BradReese.Com

Keep in mind that in addition to large "internal Cisco Networking
operations," Telco's have large Cisco Hardware & Service Integration
profit centers servicing their enterprise customer bases.

Global Cisco Telco Search:

http://www.cisco.com/pcgi-bin/cpn/cpn_pub_bassrch.pl

Some like Australia's Telstra exclusively employ "outside recruiting
firms" to hire their Cisco Certified employees:

http://www.telstra.com.au/careers/index.htm

Sincerely,

Brad Reese
Cisco Employers
http://www.bradreese.com/employer-career-web-sites.htm

CCIE Voice 5 Day Boot camp -Quadruple CCIE Instrcutor Led Course griffen UK VOIP 1 04-06-2012 03:58 AM
CCIE Voice (Lab +Exam) Materials what i used to pass CCIE Voice Sharon Creg UK VOIP 1 03-19-2009 07:22 AM
Who was the first CCIE?; How to pass the CCIE Voice written exam; andmore careercrazy Cisco 0 01-30-2008 05:54 PM
CCIE Bootcamp advice wonder Cisco 2 09-26-2005 10:07 AM
can you make echange 2k filter based on keyword like employment =?Utf-8?B?cGZyYW1wdG8=?= Microsoft Certification 1 04-22-2004 04:39 AM

Advertisments