Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > How to save Profile Properties in Cookie?

How to save Profile Properties in Cookie?

shapper

Hello,

I have only one property in my profile and I want it to be saved in a
cookie.

However, when I run my web site a database named ASPNETDB.MDF is
generated instead of using a Cookie.

How can I solve this?

I have the following in my Web.Config file:

<!-- Anonymous Identification -->
<anonymousIdentification
enabled = "True"
cookieless = "UseCookies"
cookieName = ".MyWebSiteCookie"
cookiePath = "/"
cookieProtection = "None"
cookieRequireSSL = "False"
cookieSlidingExpiration = "True"
cookieTimeout = "100000" />

<!-- Profile -->
<profile>

<!-- Profile Properties -->
<properties>
<add
name = "LanguagePreference"
type = "System.String"
defaultValue = "Auto"
allowAnonymous = "True" />
</properties>

Thanks,

Miguel

Juan T. Llibre

Ahhh, *that* is the language option you want in your other thread.

You don't need to use a profile to set that.

See :
http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bz9tc508.aspx

And, please, don't ask the same question in 2, or more, different threads.
Thanks.

Juan T. Llibre, asp.net MVP
asp.net faq : http://asp.net.do/faq/
news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com...