Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Firefox > How do I get more posting

How do I get more posting

Don

How do I change to see more older posting? currently I only see about 35
days worth thanks Don

gwtc

Don wrote:
> How do I change to see more older posting? currently I only see about 35
> days worth thanks Don

File, Get Next 500 messages.

If that doesn't work, then close the program, and using your file
manager, locate the news section of your TB profile. Inside it you
will find some *.msf files. Once found, delete them, restart TB, then
click on the newsgroup. You will get a popup asking if you want to
download some messages. Select a number, and this time don't check
off the little box for "Mark the rest as read" or something to that
effect.

to find you TB profile, you can read this:
http://www.mozilla.org/support/thund...profile#locate

but if you're using windows, then you must read this first:
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/u...ddenfiles.mspx

--
It comes to the end of Bill Gates long, successful life, he finds
himself in the Purgatory waiting room, when God enters . . . "Well,
Bill," says God, "I'm confused. I'm not sure whether to send you to
Heaven or Hell: you helped society enormously by putting a computer in
almost every home in the world, and yet you've also created some of
the most unearthly frustrations known to mankind. I'm going to do
something I've never done before: I'm going to let you choose where
you want to go." Bill replies, "Well, thanks, God. What's the
difference between the two?" God says, "I'm willing to let you visit
both places briefly to help you make your decision." "Okay, where
should I go first?" asks Bill. God says, "That's up to you." Bill
says, "OK, let's try Hell first." So Bill goes to Hell. It's a
beautiful, clean, sandy beach with clear waters. There are thousands
of beautiful women running around, playing in the water, laughing and
frolicking about. The sun is shining, the temperature is just right.
The whole thing looks perfect, and Bill is very pleased. "This is
great!" he tells God, "If this is Hell, I REALLY want to see Heaven!"
"Fine," says God, and off they go . . . to be continued!

Mumia W. (reading news)

On 09/16/2006 01:01 PM, Don wrote:
> How do I change to see more older posting? currently I only see about 35
> days worth thanks Don

Tools/Account Settings/<Your Account>/Offline & Disk Space/Delete
messages older than _100_ days.

TheCroW

> How do I change to see more older posting? currently I only see about 35
> days worth thanks Don

That also can depend on your ISP or newsprovider and how long thay will hold
on to messages. Some will keep postings for half a year or longer, others
fors just a month or so.

--
Menno
=====================

gwtc

TheCroW wrote:
>> How do I change to see more older posting? currently I only see about 35
>> days worth thanks Don
>>

> That also can depend on your ISP or newsprovider and how long thay will hold
> on to messages. Some will keep postings for half a year or longer, others
> fors just a month or so.

and still some for only a few days

--
There's this fella with a parrot. And this parrot swears like an old
salt, I mean he's a pistol. He can swear for five minutes straight
without repeating himself. Trouble is, the guy who owns him is a
quiet, conservative type, and the bird's foul mouth is driving him
nuts. One day, it just gets to be too much and the guy grabs the bird
by the throat, shakes him really hard, and yells, "QUIT IT!" But this
just makes the bird mad and he swears more than ever. Then the guy
gets angry and says, "OK for you," and locks the bird in a kitchen
cabinet. This really aggravates the bird and he claws and scratches,
and when the guy finally lets him out, the bird cuts loose with a
stream of vulgarities that would make a sailor blush. At that point,
the guy is so mad that he throws the bird into the freezer. For the
first few seconds there is a terrible din. The bird kicks and claws
and thrashes. Then it suddenly gets very quiet. At first the guy just
waits, but then he starts to think that the bird may be hurt. After a
couple of minutes of silence, he's so worried that he opens up the
freezer door. The bird meekly climbs onto the man's outstretched arm
and says, "Awfully sorry about the trouble I gave you. I'll do my best
to improve my vocabulary from now on." The man is astounded and amazed
at the transformation that has come over the parrot. Then the parrot
says, . . . to be continued