Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > VS 2005: Cannot set Configuration of web project to "Release"

VS 2005: Cannot set Configuration of web project to "Release"

David Adams

Hi,

I am trying to build and deploy a web project from VS 2005 and am unable to
select "Release" when I look at the configuration manager. I have several
other projects that I am using that I am able to set to "Release", but I
only can choose "Debug" for the web project.

Can anyone help me out while I still have a few strands of hair left?

Thanks,
Dave

Juan T. Llibre

Make sure your <compilation debug setting is "false",
in web.config, before you compile your web site.

For web projects that's the only way to get a Release compilation.

Juan T. Llibre, asp.net MVP
asp.net faq : http://asp.net.do/faq/
===================================
"David Adams" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi,
>
> I am trying to build and deploy a web project from VS 2005 and am unable to select "Release" when
> I look at the configuration manager. I have several other projects that I am using that I am able
> to set to "Release", but I only can choose "Debug" for the web project.
>
> Can anyone help me out while I still have a few strands of hair left?
>
> Thanks,
> Dave

Mark Rae

"David Adams" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> Can anyone help me out while I still have a few strands of hair left?

http://msdn.microsoft.com/asp.net/re...structure/wdp/

f_wyatt f_wyatt is offline
Junior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juan T. Llibre
Make sure your <compilation debug setting is "false",
in web.config, before you compile your web site.

For web projects that's the only way to get a Release compilation.

Juan T. Llibre, asp.net MVP
asp.net faq : http://asp.net.do/faq/
===================================
"David Adams" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi,
>
> I am trying to build and deploy a web project from VS 2005 and am unable to select "Release" when
> I look at the configuration manager. I have several other projects that I am using that I am able
> to set to "Release", but I only can choose "Debug" for the web project.
>
> Can anyone help me out while I still have a few strands of hair left?
>
> Thanks,
> Dave

NOPE NOPE and NOPE
I CANNOT get this to work.
nothing I do allows me to set the compile mode to Release for any of web projects. - no more hair left -
anyone else have an idea!