Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Cisco > ARP table

ARP table

thejim

Where is the ARP table located?
Is it located in the NIC,router or switch?

Sam Wilson

In article <(E-Mail Removed) .com>,
"thejim" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> Where is the ARP table located?
> Is it located in the NIC,router or switch?

What makes you think there's only one ARP table? And we tell you the
answer can we have a share of your credits?

(Apologies if I've misread you - the way you phrase the question makes
it look like part of a networking test. It's not a question many people
would think to ask in real life.)

Sam

Make

> Where is the ARP table located?
> Is it located in the NIC,router or switch?

NIC (or computer) and router has arp table.

BernieM

"Make" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:cEBOg.12680$(E-Mail Removed).. .
>> Where is the ARP table located?
>> Is it located in the NIC,router or switch?

> NIC (or computer) and router has arp table.

and so does a managed switch.

Arp or Proxy Arp Darren Green Cisco 0 02-20-2009 09:38 PM
arp cache and routing table - what's the difference? goldtech@worldpost.com MCSE 21 12-01-2005 08:24 PM
How to query a DHCP server for the arp table ProgDario Cisco 5 04-27-2005 03:00 PM
Huge ARP table on 2600 12.2.(7b) Mikhael47 Cisco 4 08-31-2004 11:04 PM

Advertisments