Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > MCSE > 70-290 Exam Crashed

70-290 Exam Crashed

=?Utf-8?B?UnVzc2VsbA==?=

Hi all,

I took the 70-290 exam a month ago and it crashed twice while I was taking
it. The young lady had to come in a reboot the computer both times. One of
the crashes was after I had reviewed the questions and made a few changes.
When it came back up it would not let me view any questions so I ended the
exam and it said I failed. I don't think it kept the changes I made since I
believe I answered most of the questions correctly.

My question is, do you think it is too late to contact Prometric to see if
they will issue me a free exam voucher? I never thought of this until I read
another posting about the system crashing.

I have already set up and paid for a retake of 70-290. Using the voucher
for another exam would be ok with me.

Thanks!
Russell

=?Utf-8?B?dW5kZWFkb3Bp?=

I am not sure there is a timeline in which you have to complain to
Prometric... *shrug*
I would try anyway. After all, you paid for taking an exam and not to have
somebody reboot your exam computer twice because of crashes. Ask polite but
firmly if Prometric can give you a voucher for another exam. I would. Point
out that you couldnt do a final evaluation of your questions because the
rebooted machine wouldnt let you anymore.

Good luck.

"Russell" wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I took the 70-290 exam a month ago and it crashed twice while I was taking
> it. The young lady had to come in a reboot the computer both times. One of
> the crashes was after I had reviewed the questions and made a few changes.
> When it came back up it would not let me view any questions so I ended the
> exam and it said I failed. I don't think it kept the changes I made since I
> believe I answered most of the questions correctly.
>
> My question is, do you think it is too late to contact Prometric to see if
> they will issue me a free exam voucher? I never thought of this until I read
> another posting about the system crashing.
>
> I have already set up and paid for a retake of 70-290. Using the voucher
> for another exam would be ok with me.
>
> Thanks!
> Russell

=?Utf-8?B?T1RITUFO?=

"Russell" wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I took the 70-290 exam a month ago and it crashed twice while I was taking
> it. The young lady had to come in a reboot the computer both times. One of
> the crashes was after I had reviewed the questions and made a few changes.
> When it came back up it would not let me view any questions so I ended the
> exam and it said I failed. I don't think it kept the changes I made since I
> believe I answered most of the questions correctly.
>
> My question is, do you think it is too late to contact Prometric to see if
> they will issue me a free exam voucher? I never thought of this until I read
> another posting about the system crashing.
>
> I have already set up and paid for a retake of 70-290. Using the voucher
> for another exam would be ok with me.
>
> Thanks!
> Russell

It is not too late, you can contact them any time you like.

AJR

Had a similar problem with either the 290 or 291 (do not remember which. I
finished the exam and when I clicked on no review progress "froze". This
was as South Florida College at Fort Myers, FL.
An IT tech had no success and about an hour was spend on the phone with
Prometric to no avail. I was given a "business" card with a Prometric
number to call regarding rescheduling.
During the next two weeks I was repeatedly informed that they has to wait on
results form the test center. Finally I got to talk to a new person at
Prometric who told me that the center had reported that I failed the exam.
After explaining no way and what was the reason for the center calling
Promettric on the phone to resolve the problem. Finally they did
reschedule the test.
If the test center did not verify that the program terminated during the
test your test was probably reported as a failure - making to, problematic
to get a reschedule.
Whoa - that's enough for now!!

news:(E-Mail Removed)...