Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > "Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage", intermittently

"Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage", intermittently

aabid

We have a dotnet 2.0 application with sql server 2005 at the backend.
Since yesterday morning we get the above message intermittently. At one
moment I am connected and the page loads perfectly fast. But at the
next hit, it hangs. Not a predictable performance. We tried to log in
to the application from different machines within our LAN as well as
from other machines using dial up and ADSL connections. Resut: all the
same. Any idea why this is happening?

JeffP@Work

Was this working fine till now?

I have had similar issues when I've used a WebService in my Web apps....

The following is not a favorite style of correction, mostly because it fails
the first criteria of tech support, find the problem before you fix it.

Anyway, if you'ved checked and there are no locks, blocks or similar and
you're sure that this is not a Network issue, then you wish to try what I
often do which is if everyone is out of the web to close the Asp_Net.exe, it
should automatically re-open and for whatever reason refresh and speedup.

I'm not sure if this is a .Net issue or SQL issue, but it closes all the
open session in the SQL database, which works equally well but takes longer
to implement.

HTH

JeffP....

news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com...

JeffP@Work wrote:
> Was this working fine till now?
>
> Anyway, if you'ved checked and there are no locks, blocks or similar and
> you're sure that this is not a Network issue, then you wish to try what I
> often do which is if everyone is out of the web to close the Asp_Net.exe, it
> should automatically re-open and for whatever reason refresh and speedup.
>
> I'm not sure if this is a .Net issue or SQL issue, but it closes all the
> open session in the SQL database, which works equally well but takes longer
> to implement.
>
> HTH

Thanks for the post. The site was working fine till now. Will check and
see if your solution works. Will get back after that. Thanks again.