Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > border padding & Co

border padding & Co

Tritemius

Hi guys,
I've a problem with IE6

I made a box with inside a vertical list of pic. Each pic has a 1px border.
Firefox show the list in a right way but IE show the entire height of list
more short than height of box container.
I know IE considers border inside the box conteiner instead firefox consider
border outside of it. I tried to use different hack like:

width-w\idth-\width
!important
he\ight-height

to differentiate the different behavior of the different browser but IE6
understand !important, w\idth ecc in a right way.

Does anyone knows an hack to solve this common problem?

Jonathan N. Little

Tritemius wrote:
> Hi guys,
> I've a problem with IE6
>
> I made a box with inside a vertical list of pic. Each pic has a 1px border.
> Firefox show the list in a right way but IE show the entire height of list
> more short than height of box container.
> I know IE considers border inside the box conteiner instead firefox consider
> border outside of it. I tried to use different hack like:
>
> width-w\idth-\width
> !important
> he\ight-height
>
> to differentiate the different behavior of the different browser but IE6
> understand !important, w\idth ecc in a right way.
>
> Does anyone knows an hack to solve this common problem?

Most likely you have a coding error somewhere and probably do not need a
hack to fix. But who knows because you have not allow use to 'see' what
you have done. URL please.

--
Take care,

Jonathan