Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Wireless Networking > Multi network Configuration

Multi network Configuration

Lostone

I'm trying to configure multiple network adapters on my laptop, but is not
working properly.

My laptop has two adapters, the wireless adapter is connecting to a Linksys
WRT54GS Wireless router.
The laptop Ethernet adapter is connected to a Linksys BEFSR41 DSL router.
My desktop computer is connected to the Linksys BEFSR41 DSL router.
I assigned different IP addresses to both routers.

I can connect between the laptop and the desktop. I can see the files on the
desktop and print with no problems
I can surf the net from the laptop with no problem.
At this point I have not tried to surf the net from the desktop. No need for
it. Later on I will try to bridge the connection if needed.

The problem is that if I have the Ethernet adapter enabled, I cannot surf
the net from the laptop. If I disable the Ethernet adapter, then I can surf
the net from the laptop with no problems. From looking at the network icons,
every time I enable the Ethernet adapter, Internet Explorer tries to use it
instead of the wireless adapter. Is there any way that I can configure the
computer to use the wireless connection for internet. Can it be done for any
software that tries to connect to the internet, or can it only be done for
the web browser? I also noticed that by the icons in Network Connections
there appears to be a small yellow lock icon. I have not seen this before.

Thanks in advance for any help.
Lostone

Jack \(MVP-Networking\).

Hi
May be this can Help, http://www.ezlan.net/metrics.html
Jack (MVP-Networking).

"Lostone" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) ...
> I'm trying to configure multiple network adapters on my laptop, but is not
> working properly.
>
> My laptop has two adapters, the wireless adapter is connecting to a
> Linksys WRT54GS Wireless router.
> The laptop Ethernet adapter is connected to a Linksys BEFSR41 DSL router.
> My desktop computer is connected to the Linksys BEFSR41 DSL router.
> I assigned different IP addresses to both routers.
>
> I can connect between the laptop and the desktop. I can see the files on
> the desktop and print with no problems
> I can surf the net from the laptop with no problem.
> At this point I have not tried to surf the net from the desktop. No need
> for it. Later on I will try to bridge the connection if needed.
>
> The problem is that if I have the Ethernet adapter enabled, I cannot surf
> the net from the laptop. If I disable the Ethernet adapter, then I can
> surf the net from the laptop with no problems. From looking at the network
> icons, every time I enable the Ethernet adapter, Internet Explorer tries
> to use it instead of the wireless adapter. Is there any way that I can
> configure the computer to use the wireless connection for internet. Can it
> be done for any software that tries to connect to the internet, or can it
> only be done for the web browser? I also noticed that by the icons in
> Network Connections there appears to be a small yellow lock icon. I have
> not seen this before.
>
> Thanks in advance for any help.
> Lostone

Lostone

That worked perfectly thanks.
As for the yellow icons, it was the firewall that was adding them.

Lostone
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi
> May be this can Help, http://www.ezlan.net/metrics.html
> Jack (MVP-Networking).
>

> "Lostone" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed) ...
>> I'm trying to configure multiple network adapters on my laptop, but is
>> not working properly.
>>
>> My laptop has two adapters, the wireless adapter is connecting to a
>> Linksys WRT54GS Wireless router.
>> The laptop Ethernet adapter is connected to a Linksys BEFSR41 DSL router.
>> My desktop computer is connected to the Linksys BEFSR41 DSL router.
>> I assigned different IP addresses to both routers.
>>
>> I can connect between the laptop and the desktop. I can see the files on
>> the desktop and print with no problems
>> I can surf the net from the laptop with no problem.
>> At this point I have not tried to surf the net from the desktop. No need
>> for it. Later on I will try to bridge the connection if needed.
>>
>> The problem is that if I have the Ethernet adapter enabled, I cannot surf
>> the net from the laptop. If I disable the Ethernet adapter, then I can
>> surf the net from the laptop with no problems. From looking at the
>> network icons, every time I enable the Ethernet adapter, Internet
>> Explorer tries to use it instead of the wireless adapter. Is there any
>> way that I can configure the computer to use the wireless connection for
>> internet. Can it be done for any software that tries to connect to the
>> internet, or can it only be done for the web browser? I also noticed that
>> by the icons in Network Connections there appears to be a small yellow
>> lock icon. I have not seen this before.
>>
>> Thanks in advance for any help.
>> Lostone

Multi region / multi format players br2001@webtv.net DVD Video 3 07-06-2006 12:32 PM
disable multi-firing event on multi-clicking link John Grandy ASP .Net 0 09-13-2005 01:01 AM
Using multi-media from multi-source Tung Las Ying Computer Support 0 11-12-2004 02:51 PM
Multi-vrf to Multi-vrf keithb Cisco 1 05-10-2004 04:32 PM
Tradeoffs between multi and non-multi associative containers Dave C++ 3 04-19-2004 07:48 PM

Advertisments