Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Cisco > Replacing compact flash card on Cisco Concentrator

Replacing compact flash card on Cisco Concentrator

Al

Hi,

We have a 3030 Concentrator that failed recently, giving the following
message on the console at boot-time:

Boot-ROM Initializing...
Boot configured 256 MB of RAM.

No IDE devices found...

....Boot-ROM Found No IDE Devices..!
WARNING - If this message is seen then either an IDE device
was not found or a valid main image could not be loaded!
Boot code complete...

It would seem that the Compact Flash card has failed - this happened
during normal operation (it hung, we rebooted it & it never came back).

What I would like to know is can we replace the card with any card
bought from a store? What considerations are there for doing this - for
example what format should the card be, FAT32? Can I try putting the
card in a card-reader & seeing if I can repair it?

Any help much appreciated as I haven't been able to find any
information on this.

www.BradReese.Com

Hi Al,

This often happens during power interruptions.

Cisco 3030 Concentrators are very hard and "expensive" to repair, so
highly recommend that you immediately contact your local Cisco TAC
Office:

http://www.bradreese.com/cisco-tac-c...-worldwide.htm

Do NOT replace with "any card" bought in a store.

Sincerely,

Brad Reese
BradReese.Com - Cisco Repair
1293 Hendersonville Road, Suite 17
Asheville, North Carolina USA 28803
USA & Canada: 877-549-2680
International: 828-277-7272
Fax: 775-254-3558
AIM: R2MGrant
BradReese.Com - Cisco Salary and Compensation Rates
http://www.bradreese.com/compensation-database.htm