Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > Exclude files from asp.net 2.0 project

Exclude files from asp.net 2.0 project

robert@orisoft.co.uk

I am struggling with what I thought would be a very basic concept. I
have a web application which I have migrated to .NET 2.0. Now I
understand that there is no such thing as excluding files from the
project, so when you publish the site all files in the website are
deleted on the destination and copied from source. I am using the
publishing wizard from studio 2005.

The problem is I have various log files within the site (not served up)
that are written to by whatever account the application runs under, I
dont want the hassle of backing these files up and then restoring them
each time I publish the site, also permissions are different for these
files and this is another thing I have to change.

Can anyone reccomend a solution for me? I have thought about placing
the log files outside on the virtual directory but I just wanted ALL
components of the application to be in the same place, this was fine in
asp.net 1.1!!

Regards

Laurent Bugnion

Hi,

> I am struggling with what I thought would be a very basic concept. I
> have a web application which I have migrated to .NET 2.0. Now I
> understand that there is no such thing as excluding files from the
> project, so when you publish the site all files in the website are
> deleted on the destination and copied from source. I am using the
> publishing wizard from studio 2005.
>
> The problem is I have various log files within the site (not served up)
> that are written to by whatever account the application runs under, I
> dont want the hassle of backing these files up and then restoring them
> each time I publish the site, also permissions are different for these
> files and this is another thing I have to change.
>
> Can anyone reccomend a solution for me? I have thought about placing
> the log files outside on the virtual directory but I just wanted ALL
> components of the application to be in the same place, this was fine in
> asp.net 1.1!!
>
> Regards

I think I describe here what you want.
http://geekswithblogs.net/lbugnion/a.../12/91000.aspx