Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Cisco > Having trouble with AS2511 RJ configuration.

Having trouble with AS2511 RJ configuration.

navfett navfett is offline
Junior Member

Hello all.

I am in the process of building my lab. MY current setup has 4 cisco 2610 and 2 2501s for backbone routers along with a frame switch and a 2511 rj term server.

I have set up 2 of my routers to connect through the frame switch and am configuring the console ports to allow me access via my terminal server.

Following is my setup

2610----frame switch----2610
\ /
\ /
\ /
term server

This is what i am a problem with. Both 2610s can talk to each other so i have ip connectivity. But when i try to connect on the console ports from the term serv i get a message saying. Trying r2 (172.16.1.1)... Open
Password required, but none set. Wierd thing is that both 2610s have the console password set. Config follows. So what gives? i know the config is saved and i have the right roll over cables connecting or else i would never even get the message saying password not set.

line con 0
password lab
line aux 0
password labs
login
transport input all
line vty 0 4
password lab
login

The term serv config follows.

Term_Server#sh ru
Building configuration...

Current configuration:
!
version 12.0
service timestamps debug uptime
service timestamps log uptime
no service password-encryption
!
hostname Term_Server
!
!
ip subnet-zero
no ip domain-lookup
ip host r2 172.16.1.1
ip host r1 172.16.1.1
!
!
!
!
interface Loopback0
ip address 172.16.1.1 255.255.255.255
no ip directed-broadcast
!
interface Ethernet0
no ip address
no ip directed-broadcast
shutdown
!
interface Serial0
no ip address
no ip directed-broadcast
shutdown
!
no ip http server
ip classless
!
!
line con 0
transport input none
line 1 16
no exec
exec-timeout 25 0
transport input all
line aux 0
line vty 0 4
login
!
end

So can anyone help me with this? Please. Thx.

navfett navfett is offline
Junior Member

Could someone give me some advice? Please. It would be greatly appreciated.