Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Wireless Networking > Cannot connect to the Network Host with Remote Computer

Cannot connect to the Network Host with Remote Computer

=?Utf-8?B?Sk9BVC1FT04=?=

My home wireless network system has been working fine for a couple of years,
sharing files and a printer. Suddenly we can no longer logon to the host.
The host shows up in the 'Places' window, but clicking on results in a

'Logon failure: the user has not been granted the requested logon type at
this computer'

In the last three weeks I have attempted every fix I have found, including:

1. Rerun Network Setup Wizard...successfully completed, still the same
problem

2. Reset the wireless router...no change, cannot logon to the host.

3. Cut and paste the NTRIGHTS command sequences suggested
elsewhere...command indicates it was successful...
Did not work, still cannot logon with remote computer.

4. Tried to use NTRIGHTS to specifically change the logon rights of the
remote machine...keep getting an error 1332...obviously did not work. Below
is the event record, Tried the Domain Name and the User Name, neither worked

Event Type: Failure Audit
Event Source: Security
Event Category: Logon/Logoff
Event ID: 534
Date: 9/13/2006
Time: 8:26:35 PM
User: NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM
Computer: FAMROOMSONY
Logon Failure:
Reason: The user has not been granted the requested
logon type at this machine
User Name: Deloree Kristmas
Domain: DELOQUEEN
Logon Type: 3
Logon Process: NtLmSsp
Authentication Package: MICROSOFT_AUTHENTICATION_PACKAGE_V1_0
Workstation Name: DELOQUEEN

5. I can successfully ping the host IP from the remote, but cannot logon to
shares using the remote name in the cmd line...

6. Reset the registry value for the LSA to 0 for RestrictAnonymous - After
a few minutes or a reboot, that value gets changed back to 1.

Some other troublesome things, the Windows Firewall is not running properly,
it is constantly off with the options ghosted...

I installed another firewall (EZFirewall) in it's place yesterday.

I have done several virus scans and used three different spy removal
softwares including Spybot Search and Destroy, CA PestPatrol and Spyware
Blaster. I now get 'clean' scans from all.

Since this has been three weeks of frustration, I'm getting desperate...
especially since the DELOQUEEN is hovering over me asking when it's going to
work again.

HELP!!!

--
JoATEoN

=?Utf-8?B?R2lsZXMgV2VuZGVz?=

temporarily turn off all firewalls and antivirus software. If you are worried
then disconnect the internet first. Software is usually the cause of this
sort of problem.

"JOAT-EON" wrote:

> My home wireless network system has been working fine for a couple of years,
> sharing files and a printer. Suddenly we can no longer logon to the host.
> The host shows up in the 'Places' window, but clicking on results in a
>
> 'Logon failure: the user has not been granted the requested logon type at
> this computer'
>
> In the last three weeks I have attempted every fix I have found, including:
>
> 1. Rerun Network Setup Wizard...successfully completed, still the same
> problem
>
> 2. Reset the wireless router...no change, cannot logon to the host.
>
> 3. Cut and paste the NTRIGHTS command sequences suggested
> elsewhere...command indicates it was successful...
> Did not work, still cannot logon with remote computer.
>
> 4. Tried to use NTRIGHTS to specifically change the logon rights of the
> remote machine...keep getting an error 1332...obviously did not work. Below
> is the event record, Tried the Domain Name and the User Name, neither worked
>
> Event Type: Failure Audit
> Event Source: Security
> Event Category: Logon/Logoff
> Event ID: 534
> Date: 9/13/2006
> Time: 8:26:35 PM
> User: NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM
> Computer: FAMROOMSONY
> Logon Failure:
> Reason: The user has not been granted the requested
> logon type at this machine
> User Name: Deloree Kristmas
> Domain: DELOQUEEN
> Logon Type: 3
> Logon Process: NtLmSsp
> Authentication Package: MICROSOFT_AUTHENTICATION_PACKAGE_V1_0
> Workstation Name: DELOQUEEN

> 5. I can successfully ping the host IP from the remote, but cannot logon to
> shares using the remote name in the cmd line...
>
> 6. Reset the registry value for the LSA to 0 for RestrictAnonymous - After
> a few minutes or a reboot, that value gets changed back to 1.
>
> Some other troublesome things, the Windows Firewall is not running properly,
> it is constantly off with the options ghosted...
>
> I installed another firewall (EZFirewall) in it's place yesterday.
>
> I have done several virus scans and used three different spy removal
> softwares including Spybot Search and Destroy, CA PestPatrol and Spyware
> Blaster. I now get 'clean' scans from all.
>
> Since this has been three weeks of frustration, I'm getting desperate...
> especially since the DELOQUEEN is hovering over me asking when it's going to
> work again.
>
> HELP!!!
>

> --
> JoATEoN

Could Not Connect To SMTP Host Connection Failed -- Software caused connection abort: connect kishore@novelteam.com Java 3 11-16-2005 03:33 PM
Re: Remote user can connect to the PIX 501 but cannot see the network behind it. Walter Roberson Cisco 0 11-09-2005 12:07 AM
can't connect to remote host Sid Java 0 12-03-2004 10:01 PM
Remote computer dialup and host computer dsl using both Windows XP problems Bun Mui Computer Support 0 06-04-2004 02:26 PM

Advertisments