Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > Unusual error web application

Unusual error web application

VMI

Hi,
I can only give you a general description behavior of the web app error
since it was written by someone else (using some type of code
generator) and now he's gone.

Our site was built using asp.net 1.1, and it connects to a DB and does
a simple query to display data. The first few static pages can be seen
from both the office and my home (outside the company network). The
problem is seen when the user gets to the page with the DB connection.
If it's accessed from a PC within the network, it works fine. If it's
accessed from my home, I get the generic "Server error".
The page hasn't been touched in several months. The IIS has "Anonymous
connection" enabled, the SQL Server authentication works, and the user
in the connection stinrg has access to the SPs. There's just something
that's added when it's being accessed from outside the office network.
Anyone have any idea of what it could be?

Thanks.

Rob MacFadyen

VMI,

Check the Windows Event log for more detailed error messages.

Regards,

Rob

news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com...