Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Java > How to automate data gathering in website

How to automate data gathering in website

glowfly

I want to collect data from some website. Here is the steps I took to
collect the data.

(1) I click a link and the browser shows some content
(2) and then I click another link or enter some text in the form and
then hit enter
(3) then the browser shows another content. I copy some text in the
content
(4) I save the copied text into another file

I repeat this type of sequence for several days and it is quite time
consuming.
Is there any way to effectively automate this type of process? For
example, we can parse
the raw html text but it seems to be not so effective way. Is there a
language or software
tool to make it easy to automate this process?

Thanks in adavnce...

Andrew Thompson

glowfly wrote:
> I want to collect data from some website. ..

What web site? What is the URL?

Andrew T.

Soren Kuula

Look at 'httpclient' in the commons project at apache.org

Sorem

glowfly

Thank you for your answer Sorem.
By the way, I cannot find the contents you mentioned.
Could you please add the URL link for 'httpclient'?

Thanks

Soren Kuula 작성:

> glowfly wrote:
> > I want to collect data from some website. Here is the steps I took to
> > collect the data.

> Look at 'httpclient' in the commons project at apache.org
>
> Sorem

=?UTF-8?B?QXJuZSBWYWpow7hq?=

glowfly wrote:
> By the way, I cannot find the contents you mentioned.
> Could you please add the URL link for 'httpclient'?

If you will allow me.

http://jakarta.apache.org/commons/httpclient/

Arne