Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > How to get reusable data access classes

How to get reusable data access classes

=?Utf-8?B?QmVybmllIEJlYXR0aWU=?=

I'm new to ASP.NET 2.0 and I'm trying to get my head round the best way to
approach data access for a website. According to the various articles I have
read so far, it is best to separate out data access code into classes which
reside in the App_code directory. Preferably I would want generic data access
classes which can be used on multiple websites as we may have different
front-end pages for different clients but accessing the same data structures.
I presume I need to take the data classes and build them into a separate
project? This is where I'm not too sure. If the classes are in a separate
project, can I still use the ObjectDataSource control to access the data?

If someone could clarify this whole area, I would be eternally grateful.

Regards,

Bernie Beattie