CCIE #12310, SANS, CCNP, CCNA, MCSE, Masters Degree
http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) 408-738-9018 243 Buena Vista Ave,
Sunnyvale, CA 94086
· Visionary, resourceful hands on CCIE with specialty expertise and
proven success innovating state-of-the-art solutions on time and under
budget. Respected leader of diverse, cross-functional teams and highly
regarded as a key resource, critical thinker, and out-of-the-box
problem solver. Strong understanding of the relationship between
technology and strategic business interests with a P&L mindset proven
to drive multimillion-dollar per annum savings with a proven track
record of managing large-scale network engineering teams in a large
· Effective user of technology to increase profits, productivity, and
complete edge while simultaneously delivering significant reductions in
the cost of doing business. Backed by solid credentials including
multiple industry certifications (MCP, MCSE, CCNA, CCNP, CCIE #12310),
advanced technical acumen, and cross-platform expertise with over 16
years of international experience in IT industry.
· Expert in the design and delivery of cost-effective,
high-performance information technology infrastructures and
applications to address complex business problems.
· Extensively qualified in all facets of project life cycle, from
initial feasibility analysis and conceptual design through
implementation, documentation, user training and enhancement in a large
international corporate environment
· Strong international networking with a proven ability to build and
manage creative, highly energized, focused IT teams.
· Proactive, forward thinking individual with high energy, motivating
United Health, Plymouth, MN - 11/2004 - present
Computer System Analyst
· Consult United Health Group, the largest health insurance provider
in the US, which serves more than 55 million individual customers, on
data and voice national networks.
· Develop a strategy and implement a transitioning of network
management from AT&T to internal resources, ensuring enterprise-wide
systems availability, enhancing the quality of IT services delivered
for more than 30.000 users, while driving down costs.
· Design and implement new WAN architecture scalable for VOIP using
MPLS technology and Cisco 7200, 3800, 2800 series routers, Catalyst
6500, 4500 and 3750 series switches, Develop documentation set for each
site using Microsoft Office Suite and Visio.
· Participated in the deployment of VOIP Pilot Project defining the
placement on the network and configuring Cisco CallManager and
CallManager Express, Cisco Unity and Unity Express.
· Merged recently acquired companies to existing United Health
network. Provided Tier 2 and Tier 3 hands on support for NOC utilizing
tools such as CiscoWorks, Concord Health and HP Openview.
· Upgrade and replace network equipment (LAN and WAN) at nearly half
of the company's sites, affecting approximately 70 percent of United
Health Group's employees that resulted in a savings of more than $10
million a year for the company.
Philips, Andover, MA - 1/2004 to 7+-/2004
Computer System Analyst
· Led major initiatives, develop roadmaps and standards, and oversee
all aspects of the Philips corporate, mission critical, global
international web hosting network covering over 60 countries including
over 100 routers, 200 switches, 190 VLANs, 5 pairs of Cisco Firewall
Switching Modules (FWSM) and 4 Cisco Content Switching Modules (CSM)
using high-end Cisco Catalyst 6500 switches.
· Provided management, technical leadership capacity planning, and
expertise to global network initiatives and projects, including remote
mentoring of IT teams in Europe and Latin America.
· Managed vendor relationships and together developed solutions to be
offered as services using Technology and Product analysis, performed
risk assessments against planned milestones, managed capital project
expenditures and coordinated external dependencies.
· Increased the Global Philips web-hosting services uptime from 96.7%
to 99.99% within first 4 weeks of employment by implementing
sophisticated state-of-the-art redundant technology, which made a
significant impact on the services and revenue of the Philips EUR 30.3B
in sales corporation.
· Delivered a 21% reduction in network operating costs by
renegotiating disaster recovery service contracts, evaluating
alternative support and maintenance providers and reducing the annual
cost through applying new technologies and adept renegotiations with
· Personally found several developmental flaws in newly introduced
Cisco equipment, worked closely with the Cisco development team to
simulate, identify and find a solution and make it as a recommendation
to the industry.
Whitehead Institute for Biomedical Research, Cambridge, MA - 2001 -
Senior Network Engineer
· Provided network management for Whitehead Institute for Biomedical
Research, - world leader in cancer and HIV research and institute
partners such as Harvard University, MIT, Harvard Hospitals, and
several pharmaceutical and biotechnology firms.
· Performed sound independent analysis of network and systems
security design and implementation of such designs. In depth knowledge
of firewall technologies including configuration and rule set creation.
· Continually monitored, assessed and improved network security,
tested and implemented new security technologies. Tracked current
security advisories, determined core network vulnerability, and then
provided rapid guidance in order to minimize core network exposure.
· Planned, coordinated, implemented and supported the LAN/WAN
hardware, software and Internet/Intranet/Extranet integration network
connectivity, diagnosed network failures and resolved any problems.
· Participated in design conferences, produced network diagrams and
detailed network documentation. Maintained technical and vendor product
information and assisted in establishing performance standards,
policies and procedures for the enterprise.
· Provided leadership and training to the junior level network
· Led the organization through a series of upgrades to capitalize on
emerging technologies and application enhancements including the
replacement of obsolete systems in all 6 locations with new LAN/WAN
technology, linking them with fiber optic connections. Completed this
over 2 million dollars project within the budget limits, 14 days before
due date with zero network downtime.
· Minimized corporate network vulnerability up to the highest DoD and
HIPPA standards by installing Cisco PIX firewall and Cisco Intrusion
Detection System, Cisco VPN and Layer 2 and 3 implementations.
· Built "proof-of-concept" VOIP environment based on Cisco IP
Telephony technology for product evaluation. Provided assessment and
Total Cost of Ownership Analysis for VOIP installation.
· Reduced network-related help desk calls 85% by restructuring and
upgrading company network and by deploying highly scalable and reliable
DNS, DHCP solution using Cisco Network Registrar 6.0.
· Executed an IT culture change and transitioned the function from
technology-driven to a business-process driven role.
OrderTrust, Inc., Lowell, MA - 2000 - 2001
Senior Network Engineer
· Designed, supported and implemented LAN/WAN for financial
transaction processing financial / payment processing company, services
of which included order capture, routing of separate fulfillment
requests to multiple suppliers, real-time credit card authorization and
inventory availability checking, financial settlement and order status
notification to consumers via e-mail, providing financial services for
consumers and businesses.
· Configured and maintained routers, switches, firewalls and load
balancing solutions from Cisco and other manufacturers in a
Web-hosting, mission critical, 24x7x365 high-availability secure
environment which had established connections to over 600 commerce
partners, including Visa, MasterCard, 1-800-Flowers, Blockbuster, etc.
· Acted as the senior escalation point for day to day router/switch
security issues in support of the NOC and R&D Department. Contributed
to the production of reports and post mortems on events and outages
related to the job.
· Full project life cycle for enterprise-scale Network contingency
planning, network configuration, optimization, redundancy and routing
· Maintained technical and vendor product information and recommended
standards for the enterprise. Experienced in provisioning and
troubleshooting circuits from ISP's such as: AT&T, Sprint, MCI, and
· Integrated network performance tuning capabilities in a
multi-protocol, multi operating system environment which increased
network performance and stability by 19%. Developed Disaster Recovery
procedure that allowed rapid recovery in a mission-critical
· Modernized network infrastructure through systems overhaul to
catapult network speed by 100% and introduce state-of-the-art IT system
featuring gigabit backbone and clustering designed specifically to
provide maximum performance for e-business. Completed three months
ahead of schedule and $120K under budget.
· Implemented organization's first NOC highly responsive,
multi-tiered support system which improved customer satisfaction,
increased department-wide productivity and eliminated expensive
technical staff during 2nd and 3rd shifts.
· Redesigned and implemented rapidly deployable, consistent security
throughout the enterprise in a comprehensive and layered approach by
adopting latest technologies, which reduced network's vulnerability
and prepared the network for a successful IT auditing from VISA.
· Featured several times on the company's intranet web site as
"Employee of the month" as one of the leading IT innovators.
TMC Technology Management Corporation, Regina, Saskatchewan - 1998 -
Project Manager, Senior Technical Analyst
· Managed projects in all phases: requirements gathering, design,
system integration, user acceptance testing, and implementation.
· Developed plans for implementation of changes and
scheduled/performed testing and contingency procedures as required.
Worked with management and analysts in all departments to understand
business needs and to ensure that business requirements are achieved
· Coordinated the process of evaluating current systems functionality
and follow up on issues stemming from these tasks. Ensured that
adequate support was provided to all project team members so that they
had what they needed to complete their project assignments.
· Lead a team through a complete Provincial Library system migration
to capitalize on emerging technologies and application enhancements
including the replacement of obsolete systems in all 589 libraries
across the province.
· Implemented a unique library catalogue search engine, first in
Canada, which allowed users to perform real time library material
searches across Canada and USA.
· Installed WAN between 9 regional branch libraries while facing
severe constraints on facility engineering and fiscal limitations. The
completed project improved administrative efficiency by more than 50%.
· Standardized a suite of desktop software products allowing greater
ease in document sharing, as well as the ability to upgrade software
remotely and to troubleshoot more efficiently and exponentially which
reduced the staffing and operation costs by 34%.
· Provided technical expertise to the library grants project of Bill
and Melinda Gates Foundation with budget of $636,957 over the year of
2000 to support Saskatchewan's public libraries, serving low-income
communities with a gift of public access computers, Internet access,
and training of library staff.
· Completed Y2K compliance project of entire network including 589
remote locations 5 weeks before the deadline, with budget savings of
$42K. Fully exploited the economies and advantages of cyberspace.
World of Vacations Ltd., Vancouver, BC - 1995 - 1998
Computer System Analyst
· Provided remote and on-site LAN/WAN support for domestic and
international customers, including Tier - III support for travel
agencies and for key accounts of all sizes.
· Network system administration with support of the industry specific
reservation system software applications like SABRE & Logibro for end
· Designed and implemented customer call-centre support procedures
and customer network design strategy for sales and marketing teams.
· Implemented an expeditious and reliable communication system
between HQ and travel agencies offices via the "right" e-mail
capability. Completed project in 34 days.
· Project team leader on a BackOffice conversion resulting in
consolidation and streamlined efficiency.
· Directed seamless migration from public IP to private IP network to
safeguard extremely vulnerable, exposed network. Designed and
implemented numerous security enhancements to avert serious threats to
security and insulate organization from legal risk.
· Recognized for outstanding quality of customer service with
numerous customer-support awards and personal commendation from
Kishinev Electronics Plant - 1988 - 1993
Computer System Analyst, Software Developer
· Provided advanced computer hardware and software maintenance,
troubleshooting and repairs to automate warehouse systems. Trained new
junior personnel, while developing detailed written operator procedures
· Designed and developed software to integrate data being stored by
separate systems into a unified, client/server environment.
· Encouraged acceptance of PC platform, which reduced operational
dependency on mainframes and greatly improved overall system
performance to increase recorded uptime to 95%.
· Strategize and launched procedural improvements to increase
productivity, including scheduled hardware maintenance, employee
activity tracking, and systems cross integration.
· Reengineered processes through computerization to enable knowledge
sharing across the entire enterprise.
· Administered network systems, application installation,
configuration and support of DOS, Microsoft and Windows family
Cisco, Win NT/2000/XP servers, Unix / W2K application support,
Microsoft Exchange, MS Project, Unix and Linux, Macintosh, BackupExec,
Scanners, Network Protocol Analyzers / NAI Sniffer, MRTG, HPOV, Wiring
and Cabling Standards, WINS, DNS, DHCP, LDAP, BIND v8.x,
IPX/SPX/NetBIOS, AppleTalk, HTTP, FTP, RMON, OSI, IOS11.3 - latest, IOS
(Hybrid), CatOS, DOS, Frame Relay, T-1, T-3, DS3's, Ethernet, L2/L3
Switching, Routing protocols: RIP, OSPF, BGP, IGRP, EIGRP, IS-IS; ICMP,
TCP, UDP, HSRP,VRRP, VTP/ Spanning Tree, 802.1q, ARP, IP, PPP, ARP,
RPC, SMTP, SNMP, Cisco routers 25XX, 5XXX, AS5300, 72XX, 35XX, Catalyst
switches up to the 65XX series w/MSFC, Cisco Managed Switches - 3550 &
3650, Gigabit Ethernet, 3-Com equipment, ATM, LAN, WAN, TCP/IP, TELNET,
Intranet, Broadband, Bridges, Concentrators, DSL, HTTP, Proxy ARP,
Technical Writing, Crossbeam, Documentation, Fluke LAN Meter,
Voice/Data VLANs, AVVID, VoIP, Cisco Call Manager, Unity, QoS, Network
Security, Aironet wireless, Cisco 3000 and 5001 VPN concentrators,
Cisco IDS, Cisco PIX, FWSM, AAA, Cisco ACS, CNS Network Registrar ver
6.x Cisco CSS (Content Service Switches), Cisco CSM, 11xxx series,
TACACS +, RADIUS, NAT/PAT ,ACL ,DMZ, Checkpoint, wireless security,
wireless networking including 802.11 a, b, g , VPN over wireless,
802.11x, WEP, EAP, EAP-TTLS, LEAP, PEAP, TKIP, SSH and IPSec, SSL,
MPLS, Private Line, ISDN, Altheon Load Balancer, Remote/Local Access,
CSU/DSU's, TDM MUXes, CiscoWorks2000, WildPackets EtherPeek NX,
SolarWinds, OSI layers 1 through 4, distribution for copper cabling and
fiber, DS1, DS3, OC3, OC48 and SONET transportation systems, Layer 2
and 3 LAN and WAN technologies and protocols; Internet appliances, and
tier 3 web applications, layers 1 through 4 of the OSI model, NAT, DNS,
security, site survey, firewall policies, geo-load balancing, proxy and
cache servers, network management applications, LAN/WAN networking
technologies and extensive experience with large-scale Cisco
deployments, large enterprise provider network architecture, analysis
and engineering design.
Vendor Exam ID Exam Name Date Taken Grade
Microsoft 58 Networking Essentials 16-Jun-97 Pass
Microsoft 73 Implementing and Supporting NT 4.0
Workstation 24-Jun-97 Pass
Microsoft 67 Implementing and Supporting NT Server 4.0 15-Jul-97 Pass
Microsoft 68 Implementing and Supporting NT Server 4.0 in the
Enterprise 31-Jul-97 Pass
Microsoft 77 Implementing and Supporting Microsoft Internet Information
Server 3.0 and Index Server 1.1 18-Sep-97 Pass
Microsoft 59 Internetworking with Microsoft TCP/IP on Microsoft Windows
NT 4.0 15-Oct-97 Pass
Cisco 640-407 CCNA - Cisco Certified Network Associate 12-Oct-99 Pass
Cisco 640-504 Switching 2.0 7-Apr-00 Pass
Cisco 640-505 Remote Access 8-May-00 Pass
Cisco 640-403 ACRC 11.3 23-May-00 Pass
Cisco 640-440 CIT 4.0 ( Cisco Internetwork Troubleshooting
) 5-Jul-00 Pass
Cisco 350-001 CCIE Routing and Switching Qualification
Exam 19-Mar-02 Pass
Cisco CCIE Routing and Switching 1 day lab, RTP, North Carolina, CCIE
#12310 28-Sep-03 Pass
Cisco 9E0-571 Cisco Secure PIX Firewall Advanced 27-Jun-02 Pass
SANS SANS Institute. London, England. Intrusion Detection
In-Depth. 26-Apr-02 Completed
WildPackets WildPackets Network Troubleshooting Methods and TCP/IP
Protocol Analysis 8-Feb-02 Completed
Cisco Cisco Internetwork Troubleshooting 16-Jun-00 Completed
Cisco Building Cisco Remote Access Networks 28-Apr-00 Completed
Cisco Advanced Cisco Router Configuration 14-Apr-00 Completed
Cisco Building Cisco Multilayer Switching
Networks 31-Mar-00 Completed
Cisco Interconnecting Cisco Network Devices 1-Oct-99 Completed
Cisco Implementing Cisco QoS 9-May-03 Completed
Cisco Cisco Secure Intrusion Detection System PLUS 4-Oct-02 Completed
Cisco Cisco Secure PIX Firewall Advanced 28-Mar-02 Completed
Cisco Cisco Secure Virtual Private Networks 22-Feb-02 Completed
Microsoft Microsoft Certified Professional 24-Jun-97 Completed
Microsoft Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer 15-Oct-97 Completed
Microsoft Microsoft Certified Professional +
Internet 15-Oct-97 Completed
Cisco Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA) 12-Oct-99 Completed
Cisco Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP) 5-Jul-00 Completed
Cisco Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert (CCIE
#12310) 28-Sep-03 Completed
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|CCIE Voice 5 Day Boot camp -Quadruple CCIE Instrcutor Led Course||griffen||UK VOIP||1||04-06-2012 03:58 AM|
|CCIE Voice (Lab +Exam) Materials what i used to pass CCIE Voice||Sharon Creg||UK VOIP||1||03-19-2009 07:22 AM|
|CCIE resume CCNP CCNA, MCSE, SANSemail@example.com||Cisco||0||09-13-2006 01:04 AM|
|Now CCIE, CCNA, CCNP can manage SANs also||ccie_san||Cisco||0||12-07-2003 11:42 AM|
|Now CCIE/CCNA can manage SANs too||ccie_san||Cisco||0||10-21-2003 09:57 PM|
Powered by vBulletin®. Copyright ©2000 - 2013, vBulletin Solutions, Inc..
SEO by vBSEO ©2010, Crawlability, Inc.