Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Cisco > linksys wap54gp & vlans

linksys wap54gp & vlans

gene martinez

I was looking at the doc's for the Linksys wap54gp and it talked about
7 ssid's and vlans. What type of switch do you need to connect this
unit. I have an old cisco 2900 and have it broken down into 4
different vlans, but how do you connect them to the linksys with only
1 wan port??? Do or can you set more than 1 vlan to a port on the
switch?

Thanks

Walter Roberson

In article <(E-Mail Removed)>,
gene martinez <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>I was looking at the doc's for the Linksys wap54gp and it talked about
>7 ssid's and vlans. What type of switch do you need to connect this
>unit. I have an old cisco 2900 and have it broken down into 4
>different vlans, but how do you connect them to the linksys with only
>1 wan port??? Do or can you set more than 1 vlan to a port on the
>switch?

On the 2900XL:

interface <whatever>
switchport
switchport trunk encapsulation dot1q
switchport trunk allowed vlan 100,209,305
switchport mode trunk

Note: 2900xl systems with only 4 megabytes did not support vlans
at all, except for the 2916M with appropriate software. However,
some of the software versions for the 2900XL devices only supported ISL
VLANs, which are not compatible with the linksys vlan.

gene martinez

http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) (Walter Roberson) wrote:

>In article <(E-Mail Removed)>,
>gene martinez <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>>I was looking at the doc's for the Linksys wap54gp and it talked about
>>7 ssid's and vlans. What type of switch do you need to connect this
>>unit. I have an old cisco 2900 and have it broken down into 4
>>different vlans, but how do you connect them to the linksys with only
>>1 wan port??? Do or can you set more than 1 vlan to a port on the
>>switch?

>On the 2900XL:
>
>interface <whatever>
>switchport
>switchport trunk encapsulation dot1q
>switchport trunk allowed vlan 100,209,305
>switchport mode trunk
>

>Note: 2900xl systems with only 4 megabytes did not support vlans
>at all, except for the 2916M with appropriate software. However,
>some of the software versions for the 2900XL devices only supported ISL
>VLANs, which are not compatible with the linksys vlan.

Thanks for all the info, I'll have a look and see what happens...

Linksys WAP54GP AP vlans gene martinez Cisco 0 04-16-2006 12:03 AM
linksys wap54gp ap gene martinez Cisco 3 04-07-2006 02:57 AM
linksys wap54gp gene martinez Cisco 2 03-15-2006 07:44 PM
Windows - Browsing across vlans and also DC's on separate vlans punisher Cisco 2 11-17-2005 03:41 PM
question about Mapping 802.1Q VLANs to ISL VLANs ilya@3ka.mipt.ru Cisco 0 01-11-2005 02:42 PM

Advertisments