Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Firefox > Message disappears after reading

Message disappears after reading

RogerB

Thunderbird 1.5.0.5
Windows XP Pro

After downloading messages I select a message in the Inbox to read. OK
so far. Then I click on a sub-folder where other messages are located.
Read those just fine. When I return to the Inbox the message I just
read is gone. Not in Trash or Junk.

Just started yesterday.

Roger

Leonidas Jones

RogerB wrote:
> Thunderbird 1.5.0.5
> Windows XP Pro
>
> After downloading messages I select a message in the Inbox to read. OK
> so far. Then I click on a sub-folder where other messages are located.
> Read those just fine. When I return to the Inbox the message I just
> read is gone. Not in Trash or Junk.
>
> Just started yesterday.
>
> Roger

Check View>>Messages, and be sure All is selected, rather then Unread.

Lee

RogerB

Leonidas Jones wrote:
> RogerB wrote:
>> Thunderbird 1.5.0.5
>> Windows XP Pro
>>
>> After downloading messages I select a message in the Inbox to read.
>> OK so far. Then I click on a sub-folder where other messages are
>> located. Read those just fine. When I return to the Inbox the
>> message I just read is gone. Not in Trash or Junk.
>>
>> Just started yesterday.
>>
>> Roger

> Check View>>Messages, and be sure All is selected, rather then Unread.
>
> Lee

Thanks, Lee, that was the problem.
Roger

gwtc

Leonidas Jones wrote:
> RogerB wrote:
>> Thunderbird 1.5.0.5
>> Windows XP Pro
>>
>> After downloading messages I select a message in the Inbox to read.
>> OK so far. Then I click on a sub-folder where other messages are
>> located. Read those just fine. When I return to the Inbox the
>> message I just read is gone. Not in Trash or Junk.
>>
>> Just started yesterday.
>>
>> Roger

> Check View>>Messages, and be sure All is selected, rather then Unread.
>
> Lee

Hey Lee. Long time no see. Where have you been and up to?

gwtc
--
Pic of the Day -- What a CyberStud looks like:
http://img89.imageshack.us/my.php?im...berstudnc6.jpg

Leonidas Jones

RogerB wrote:
> Leonidas Jones wrote:
>> RogerB wrote:
>>> Thunderbird 1.5.0.5
>>> Windows XP Pro
>>>
>>> After downloading messages I select a message in the Inbox to read.
>>> OK so far. Then I click on a sub-folder where other messages are
>>> located. Read those just fine. When I return to the Inbox the
>>> message I just read is gone. Not in Trash or Junk.
>>>
>>> Just started yesterday.
>>>
>>> Roger

>> Check View>>Messages, and be sure All is selected, rather then Unread.
>>
>> Lee

> Thanks, Lee, that was the problem.
> Roger

I'm glad it was that simple to fix.

Lee

Leonidas Jones

gwtc wrote:
> Leonidas Jones wrote:
>> RogerB wrote:
>>> Thunderbird 1.5.0.5
>>> Windows XP Pro
>>>
>>> After downloading messages I select a message in the Inbox to read.
>>> OK so far. Then I click on a sub-folder where other messages are
>>> located. Read those just fine. When I return to the Inbox the
>>> message I just read is gone. Not in Trash or Junk.
>>>
>>> Just started yesterday.
>>>
>>> Roger

>> Check View>>Messages, and be sure All is selected, rather then Unread.
>>
>> Lee

> Hey Lee. Long time no see. Where have you been and up to?
>
> gwtc

Thanks gw. Sometimes you just need to get away to clear the brain. I
never intended to take that long a break, but I got involved with other
projects.

Lee

gwtc

Leonidas Jones wrote:
> gwtc wrote:

>>> Check View>>Messages, and be sure All is selected, rather then Unread.
>>>
>>> Lee

>> Hey Lee. Long time no see. Where have you been and up to?
>>
>> gwtc

> Thanks gw. Sometimes you just need to get away to clear the brain. I
> never intended to take that long a break, but I got involved with other
> projects.
>
> Lee

Well, I may be taking a sabbatical, too, one of these days. When? I
don't know yet.