Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > DataBinding images using Repeater Control. Is there an ImageField column?

DataBinding images using Repeater Control. Is there an ImageField column?

Charlie@CBFC

Hi:

Is it possible to databind an image in Repeater Control? I see support for
it in GridView, but not in Repeater control. There is another way to do
this, but would rather go with new controls.

Thanks,
Charlie

dkode

In the past when I have had the need to do this, the easiest way is to
put a placeholder in your repeater, then in the ItemDataBound event,
manually add a System.Web.Image control into the placeholder.

Perhaps someone has an easier way/more effecient way, I've always used
that method in the past.

Hope this Helps!

Sean

Charlie@CBFC wrote:
> Hi:
>
> Is it possible to databind an image in Repeater Control? I see support for
> it in GridView, but not in Repeater control. There is another way to do
> this, but would rather go with new controls.
>
> Thanks,
> Charlie

Eliyahu Goldin

Charlie,

You can use databinding expression in item template to databind any
properties of any controls. Did you try?

--
Eliyahu Goldin,
Software Developer & Consultant

"Charlie@CBFC" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi:
>
> Is it possible to databind an image in Repeater Control? I see support
> for it in GridView, but not in Repeater control. There is another way to
> do this, but would rather go with new controls.
>
> Thanks,
> Charlie

Charlie@CBFC

Yeah but image control only binds to a url. My images are stored in
database in binary fields. It can be done with an HTTP handler.

Charlie

"Eliyahu Goldin" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
message news:(E-Mail Removed)...