Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Java > how to get configuration settings

how to get configuration settings

coltrane

I am running apps on a solaris and windows box. Where are the
configuration parameters set and how can I dump the settings.

thanks your help

john

Manish Pandit

If you are setting the config params by passing them to JVM using
-Dproperty=value, you can access them by using
System.getProperty("name"). If you are storing configuration any other
way (like a config file), the JVM runtime will not be aware of it 'out
of the box' and you might want to write a wrapper class to dump them.

-cheers,
Manish

coltrane wrote:
> I am running apps on a solaris and windows box. Where are the
> configuration parameters set and how can I dump the settings.
>
> thanks your help
>

> john

coltrane

Thanks,

where can I find the list of configuration parameters I can use.
I am looking for info on how to set the heap size but I cannot find
anything.
I'm probably not doing the correct searches.

thanks again

john

Manish Pandit wrote:
> If you are setting the config params by passing them to JVM using
> -Dproperty=value, you can access them by using
> System.getProperty("name"). If you are storing configuration any other
> way (like a config file), the JVM runtime will not be aware of it 'out
> of the box' and you might want to write a wrapper class to dump them.
>
> -cheers,
> Manish
>
> coltrane wrote:
> > I am running apps on a solaris and windows box. Where are the
> > configuration parameters set and how can I dump the settings.
> >
> > thanks your help
> >

> > john

Manish Pandit

-Xms initial java heap size
-Xmx maximum java heap size
-Xmn the size of the heap for the young generation

-cheers,
Manish

coltrane wrote:
> Thanks,
>
> where can I find the list of configuration parameters I can use.
> I am looking for info on how to set the heap size but I cannot find
> anything.
> I'm probably not doing the correct searches.
>
> thanks again
>
> john
>
> Manish Pandit wrote:
> > If you are setting the config params by passing them to JVM using
> > -Dproperty=value, you can access them by using
> > System.getProperty("name"). If you are storing configuration any other
> > way (like a config file), the JVM runtime will not be aware of it 'out
> > of the box' and you might want to write a wrapper class to dump them.
> >
> > -cheers,
> > Manish
> >
> > coltrane wrote:
> > > I am running apps on a solaris and windows box. Where are the
> > > configuration parameters set and how can I dump the settings.
> > >
> > > thanks your help
> > >

> > > john

coltrane

thanks