Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Cisco > 3com LAN Switch WX1200

3com LAN Switch WX1200

number1hatfielder@hotmail.com

Hi,

I have a 3com LAN Switch WX1200. Is there any way of restoring the
settings to the factory defaults without accessing the 'Console' via
the serial connection? I have attempted to access the WEB interface
but my computer cannot assign an IP address to the WX1200.

Hope someone can help.

Regards,
Anthony

Walter Roberson

In article <(E-Mail Removed) .com>,
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>I have a 3com LAN Switch WX1200. Is there any way of restoring the
>settings to the factory defaults without accessing the 'Console' via
>the serial connection?

This is not really an appropriate newsgroup for 3COM questions.

>I have attempted to access the WEB interface
>but my computer cannot assign an IP address to the WX1200.

The command reference appears to be at

http://support.3com.com/infodeli/too...20reference%22

Perhaps something in there will help.

Chad Mahoney

> Hi,
>
> I have a 3com LAN Switch WX1200. Is there any way of restoring the
> settings to the factory defaults without accessing the 'Console' via
> the serial connection? I have attempted to access the WEB interface
> but my computer cannot assign an IP address to the WX1200.
>
> Hope someone can help.
>
> Regards,
> Anthony

3COM is that way ----->

Walter Roberson

In article <bkCNg.547276$IK3.224181@pd7tw1no>,
Walter Roberson <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>In article <(E-Mail Removed) .com>,
> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>>I have a 3com LAN Switch WX1200. Is there any way of restoring the
>>settings to the factory defaults without accessing the 'Console' via
>>the serial connection?

Scanning through the manuals, the answer appears to be NO.
The WX100 has a method (paperclip in a pinhole while turning the
device on), but the other devices in the series do not appear to.

www.BradReese.Com

Hi Anthony,

In order to reset the 3Com Wireless LAN Switch WX1200 configuration to
factory default, enter the following commands below:

1. Clear Boot Config

2. Reset System Force

Note: The two commands above can only be entered from the "enable"
mode of your Wireless Switch.

Hope this helps.

Brad Reese
BradReese.Com - Cisco Jobs
http://www.bradreese.com/hot-jobs.htm
1293 Hendersonville Road, Suite 17
Asheville, North Carolina USA 28803
USA & Canada: 877-549-2680
International: 828-277-7272
Fax: 775-254-3558
AIM: R2MGrant
BradReese.Com - Cisco Resumes
http://www.bradreese.com/cisco-resumes.htm

number1hatfielder@hotmail.com

Thank you. I have finally reset the switch!