Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASPNET 2.0 Application exhibits strange behavior. Method calls return "False" until we recycle application pool.

ASPNET 2.0 Application exhibits strange behavior. Method calls return "False" until we recycle application pool.

Dan D.

We are running an IIS Server on W2K3 Server. We have 20 or 30 ASP.NET 1.1
applications. Recently I have converted an existing 1.1 application to use
the 2.0 framework. After testing and a little code reconstruction it was
ready to post as 2.0. I removed the application from production IIS and
re-deployed it from VS.NET 2005. I created a new application pool for it
and set the framework for the application to 2.0.

The application is calling a common .NET dll component that is used in most
of our applications. It has a method called "HasObjectAcess". You pass an
objectID to this method and it returns True or False if the current user has
access to the object or not.

Everything works fine for a while and then all of the sudden we get calls
from our users because they don't see all of the buttons on their web forms.
Essentially HasObjectAccess is now returning False for all calls made to it
regardless if the user has access or not.

A quick fix is we will recycle the application pool and all is well again.
The application has been in production as a 2.0 application for a week, and
this has been an issue at least 3 times now.

Has anyone else run into this sort of behaviour or know what could cause it?

Is it something to do with the referenced component being a 1.1 component.
Also, of mention, the referenced component is set to "copy local" and does
not exist in the 1.1 or 2.0 GAC.