Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Cisco > router static command in 12.2.27 IOS

router static command in 12.2.27 IOS

bluefish

Greetings,

Does anyone know if the command "router static" does anything - The
command works in the cisco 2621 IOS 12.1.1 and also 12.3.1a, but it is
not a valid command in 12.2.27. I have been unable to find any docs on
this command that are helping me at this point. On the surface, this
command seems to be doing nothing. Any clue?

Chris...

rave

there is no command as router static in any IOS version. you dont mean
route static i guess.

Walter Roberson

In article <(E-Mail Removed) .com>,
rave <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
:there is no command as router static in any IOS version. you dont mean
:route static i guess.

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/...cg/swuncli.htm

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/...cg/swuncli.pdf

http://www.okena.com/en/US/products/...0801f6169.html

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/...cg/swuncli.pdf

http://www.ciscosystems.cd/univercd/...cg/swuncli.htm

All are links that specifically say that in particular IOS releases,
the global configuration command 'router static' is not supported.

It would be a bit odd to specifically say that a command was not
supported if the command didn't exist.

This page,

http://www.jikime.co.kr/bbs/view.htm...=mini&start=80

shows an example of it's use on a Cisco 7000. The page is, though,
in Korean so it isn't clear to me what exactly the command is to do.
--
Oh, to be a Blobel!

Hansang Bae

On 8 Jan 2005 00:50:32 GMT, http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed)-cnrc.gc.ca (Walter
Roberson) wrote:
[snip]
>This page,
>
>http://www.jikime.co.kr/bbs/view.htm...=mini&start=80
>
>shows an example of it's use on a Cisco 7000. The page is, though,
>in Korean so it isn't clear to me what exactly the command is to do.

It just says that it enable static routing and that's about it.

So I'm assuming this was used to configure static routes much like
"router ospf" or "router eigrp"

I don't know that I've ever used it.

hsb

instructions on how to perform an IOS upgrade on a Catalyst 6500 switch (IOS to IOS) Mike Rahl Cisco 1 05-30-2007 05:22 PM
IOS Router HDCP command =?ISO-8859-2?Q?Tomislav_Par=E8ina?= Cisco 1 04-10-2005 02:15 PM
IOS command to view resources used on router? SJ Cisco 6 04-07-2005 01:46 PM
IOS to IOS VPN Problem Evan Mann Cisco 0 02-11-2004 04:42 PM
Assign static address to a VPN user (from IOS router) jmarkotic Cisco 3 11-04-2003 12:24 AM

Advertisments