Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > Separate webfolder for each developer in single web project

Separate webfolder for each developer in single web project

alexey.yakovlev@gmail.com

Hi, please read this before
http://groups.google.ru/group/micros...JaaxaeIKyXy0Eg

I need to organize the same structure in my solution. This means to
have 1 Web Application Project or Web Site Project. But when developers
get solution from VSS and start them they should have their own
WebFolder to be opened. That means dev1 should have web project in
remotehost\dev1webfolder, dev in remotehost\dev2webfolder.
And i don't want developers to change project file in vss on their own
computers to reach this.

Please. help

Cowboy \(Gregory A. Beamer\)

If you are remoting, set up a source repository (SourceSafe, CVS,
Subversion, Team System). Each developer checks out to a different spot on
the machine. Everyone remotes in and has code in a different directory.
NOTE: Only one person can debug at a time if you are on one machine, ulnless
you set up independent app pools (or use file based webs if using Visual
Studio 2005).

To set up independent app pools, you go into IIS and create the app pools.
After having each developer pull code to a specific location, you set up the
applications as web applications and set their pool.

Open IIS Manager
Create pools
Have developers get code to a directory
Set each developers directory in IIS by creating new virtual directories
Right click each application directory in IIS Mgr and go to properties
Under home directory, set the application pool for this application

Once again, you CAN go to file based webs, which require no setup.

--
Gregory A. Beamer
MVP; MCP: +I, SE, SD, DBA

Think outside of the box!