Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > Setting up ObjectDataSource Control when target method takes object as a parameter...

Setting up ObjectDataSource Control when target method takes object as a parameter...

Charlie@CBFC

Hi:

I'm using the ObjectDataSource control to databind a Repeater. The method
on business object that ObjectDataSource control point to takes as a
parameter an instance of the System.Data.CommandType enumeration. When
setting up declaritively in HTML, how do I complete the following parameter
assignment...

<asparameter Name="commandType" Type="Object" DefaultValue="????" />

Thanks,
Charlie

michaelkb@hotmail.com

I'm pretty sure you'd need to set it programmatically rather than
declaritavely. You can set it in the page load if you want, or you can
set it in the Selecting event of the ObjectDataSource.

Charlie@CBFC wrote:
> Hi:
>
> I'm using the ObjectDataSource control to databind a Repeater. The method
> on business object that ObjectDataSource control point to takes as a
> parameter an instance of the System.Data.CommandType enumeration. When
> setting up declaritively in HTML, how do I complete the following parameter
> assignment...
>
> <asparameter Name="commandType" Type="Object" DefaultValue="????" />
>
> Thanks,
> Charlie

Charlie@CBFC

I came to same conclusion. Thanks.