Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > MCSE > courses 2439 & 2433 with it??

courses 2439 & 2433 with it??

Cyber-Guy

Hi,

I've been checking around on the internet about scripting in the windows
environment to simplify life of a network admin and to make things more
interesting.

Ok the question is as follows. I've found that Microsoft has the following
courses out on scripting (2439 - Scripting MS Windows Management
Instrumentation & 2433 - Visual Basic Script and Windows Script Host
Essentials), what are your opinion about the courses & is it worth taking
these courses?

Is it compatible with Windows Vista, or does Vista come with other methods
of scripting?

Any information and opinion about this subject plz.

Thanx

=?Utf-8?B?T1RITUFO?=

http://www.computerperformance.co.uk/

Try this website.

Neil

did you hear "Cyber-Guy" <(E-Mail Removed)> say in
news:(E-Mail Removed):

> Hi,
>
> I've been checking around on the internet about scripting in the
> windows environment to simplify life of a network admin and to make
> things more interesting.
>

> Ok the question is as follows. I've found that Microsoft has the
> following courses out on scripting (2439 - Scripting MS Windows
> Management Instrumentation & 2433 - Visual Basic Script and Windows
> Script Host Essentials), what are your opinion about the courses & is
> it worth taking these courses?
>
> Is it compatible with Windows Vista, or does Vista come with other
> methods
> of scripting?
>

> Any information and opinion about this subject plz.
>

> Thanx

the 2433 course is fairly old now, but it is still useful. I found that
most students went badly cross-eyed during the 2439 (WMI can mess with your
head). One thing it will convince you to do is purchase a good script
editor (they use Primal Script in teh course) as there is only so much
excitement you can get from "Visual Notepad". If you get a good trainer,
you will have a good class. If not, well, not so good class.

If you have a subsciption to MCP magazine, you might want to go through the
archives (www.mcpmag.com) and pull up the "Scripting for MCSEs" series of
articles by Chris Brooke (in teh archives) and of course the "Scripting
Answers" columns by Don Jones. Excellent prep.

As for Vista (or XP SP2 with .Net 2.0 for that matter), you should begin
looking at the new Windows PowerShell (previously called MSH or Monad).
Wikipedia has the 10,000 foot view and it works with current tech.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Windows_PowerShell for the wiki and
http://www.microsoft.com/technet/scr.../hubs/msh.mspx for teh MS site

Also go digging for Thomas Lee's blog as he will have lots of stuff on
PowerShell there. He's an MCT and MVP on Monad, so you can likely find a
few odds and sods. He's from the UK, but you shouldn't hold THAT against
him

HTH

--
The InterNeil MCNGP Triple X

- There are 10 different kinds of people in this world...those who
understand binary and those who don't.

Cyber-Guy

Thanx for the all info

news:Xns983C61B2EE2F5neilmcsegmailcom@207.46.248.1 6...
> did you hear "Cyber-Guy" <(E-Mail Removed)> say in
> news:(E-Mail Removed):
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I've been checking around on the internet about scripting in the
>> windows environment to simplify life of a network admin and to make
>> things more interesting.
>>

>> Ok the question is as follows. I've found that Microsoft has the
>> following courses out on scripting (2439 - Scripting MS Windows
>> Management Instrumentation & 2433 - Visual Basic Script and Windows
>> Script Host Essentials), what are your opinion about the courses & is
>> it worth taking these courses?
>>
>> Is it compatible with Windows Vista, or does Vista come with other
>> methods
>> of scripting?
>>

>> Any information and opinion about this subject plz.
>>

>> Thanx
>>

> the 2433 course is fairly old now, but it is still useful. I found that
> most students went badly cross-eyed during the 2439 (WMI can mess with
> your
> head). One thing it will convince you to do is purchase a good script
> editor (they use Primal Script in teh course) as there is only so much
> excitement you can get from "Visual Notepad". If you get a good trainer,
> you will have a good class. If not, well, not so good class.
>
> If you have a subsciption to MCP magazine, you might want to go through
> the
> archives (www.mcpmag.com) and pull up the "Scripting for MCSEs" series of
> articles by Chris Brooke (in teh archives) and of course the "Scripting
> Answers" columns by Don Jones. Excellent prep.
>
> As for Vista (or XP SP2 with .Net 2.0 for that matter), you should begin
> looking at the new Windows PowerShell (previously called MSH or Monad).
> Wikipedia has the 10,000 foot view and it works with current tech.
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Windows_PowerShell for the wiki and
> http://www.microsoft.com/technet/scr.../hubs/msh.mspx for teh MS
> site
>
> Also go digging for Thomas Lee's blog as he will have lots of stuff on
> PowerShell there. He's an MCT and MVP on Monad, so you can likely find a
> few odds and sods. He's from the UK, but you shouldn't hold THAT against
> him
>
> HTH
>
> --
> The InterNeil MCNGP Triple X
>
> - There are 10 different kinds of people in this world...those who
> understand binary and those who don't.

Neil

did you hear "Cyber-Guy" <(E-Mail Removed)> say in
news:(E-Mail Removed):

> Thanx for the all info

well, just this once, it wont happen again!

--
The InterNeil MCNGP Triple X

- Mood yalp tsum ouy... Mood yalp tsum ouy....

courses 2439 & 2433 with it?? Cyber-Guy Microsoft Certification 1 09-13-2006 02:50 AM
Web Based Cisco Courses Bill F Cisco 1 09-21-2004 11:02 AM
How do I access the Training courses for Office XP? Melissa Whitehead Microsoft Certification 1 08-04-2004 07:22 AM
courses cd's marfado Microsoft Certification 1 04-22-2004 04:42 AM
Re: Courses, are they worth it ? AleXT MCSD 0 07-10-2003 09:28 AM

Advertisments