Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Java > University Research: Survey about searching for open source code on the Internet

University Research: Survey about searching for open source code on the Internet

medha1@umbc.edu

Are you a programmer? Have you ever had to search for open source code?

We are surveying programmers on how they search for open source
software on the web, as part of our project at the University of
California, Irvine. We're looking for fairly basic information, such
as what tools you use and what types of source code you look for. Our
research project aims at improving open source code search engines,
based on features programmers actually need, when they search source
code repositories. So next time you're waiting for a compile, or if
you're having a quiet day, take 15 minutes and fill out the survey
at:

http://calla.ics.uci.edu/recruit/scs.html

Any anecdotes, comments, or ideas that you have will be appreciated.

Thanks in advance for your participation.
(Please note that you have to be 18 or older, to fill out this survey.)