Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > XML > XSLT web resources or book recommendations

XSLT web resources or book recommendations

WideBoy

Hi,

I am an experienced programmer and I think it's about time I learnt
this new fangled language (XSLT). I was therefore wondering if you
guys can give me some pointers to web resources and/or good books to
get me started on this adventure.

I look forward to your comments and suggestions.

Best regards,

W.

Joseph Kesselman

My standard pointer to a whole bunch of good tutorials/articles:
http://www.ibm.com/xml

Peter Flynn

WideBoy wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am an experienced programmer and I think it's about time I learnt
> this new fangled language (XSLT). I was therefore wondering if you
> guys can give me some pointers to web resources and/or good books to
> get me started on this adventure.
>
> I look forward to your comments and suggestions.

The XSL FAQ is at http://www.dpawson.co.uk/xsl/

///Peter
--
XML FAQ: http://xml.silmaril.ie/

Joe Kesselman

> The XSL FAQ is at http://www.dpawson.co.uk/xsl/

Wonderfully useful reference, and I should have mentioned it... but most
folks will need tutorials first.

WideBoy

Peter, Joe,

Many thanks to both of you for these web references. They have
certainly whetted my appetite for more.

I was wondering if you guys can recommend any useful books for XSLT
virgins like myself?

cheers,

Naran

Joe Kesselman wrote:
> > The XSL FAQ is at http://www.dpawson.co.uk/xsl/

> Wonderfully useful reference, and I should have mentioned it... but most
> folks will need tutorials first.

Dimitre Novatchev

Search amazon.com for Michael Kay, Jeni Tennison and Sal(vatore) Mangano

Cheers,
Dimitre Novatchev

"WideBoy" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) ups.com...
> Peter, Joe,
>
> Many thanks to both of you for these web references. They have
> certainly whetted my appetite for more.
>
> I was wondering if you guys can recommend any useful books for XSLT
> virgins like myself?
>
> cheers,
>
> Naran
>
> Joe Kesselman wrote:
>> > The XSL FAQ is at http://www.dpawson.co.uk/xsl/

>> Wonderfully useful reference, and I should have mentioned it... but most
>> folks will need tutorials first.
>>
>> --
>> () ASCII Ribbon Campaign | Joe Kesselman
>> /\ Stamp out HTML e-mail! | System architexture and kinetic poetry

Andy Dingley

Dimitre Novatchev wrote:

> Search amazon.com for Michael Kay, Jeni Tennison and Sal(vatore) Mangano

Sal Mangano scares me. Useful book, but it's going to frighten the
horses, let alone the newbies.

I'd agree on the other two.