Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Cisco > SNMP on ASA and VPN3000 Series

SNMP on ASA and VPN3000 Series

Cliff

I have a custon SNMP implementation which does some good stuff for our
VPN 3000 Concentrators.

It uses ALTIGA-SESSION-STATS-MIB which is referenced here,

http://tools.cisco.com/Support/SNMP/...SION-STATS-MIB

basicaly it pulls info such as who's logged in, how many people are on
specific concentrators etc.

Now we're in the process of migrating away from the 3000s to newer ASA
boxes, although they don't seem to support this MIB.

I can connect to them using SNMP, but they dont respond to the OIDs etc
in that mib.

We also have some monitoring software called Intermapper, for which we
have a probe written for the 3000s which used the same mib. Thats not
working against the ASAs either.

How do I get user connectivity info/stats out of one of the ASA box
using SNMP? Is it a question of enabling it on the ASA box or do I have
to use a different mib and re-develop the code from scratch?

Any help appreciated

Thanks

Cliff Dabbs

James

The VPN 3000's wern't originally a Cisco product - Cisco aquired a
company called Altiga.

As the ASA is based on the PIX platform you will have to take a look
through the relevant MIBS here:-

http://www.cisco.com/public/sw-cente...mtk/mibs.shtml

James

Cliff wrote:
> I have a custon SNMP implementation which does some good stuff for our
> VPN 3000 Concentrators.
>
> It uses ALTIGA-SESSION-STATS-MIB which is referenced here,
>
> http://tools.cisco.com/Support/SNMP/...SION-STATS-MIB
>
> basicaly it pulls info such as who's logged in, how many people are on
> specific concentrators etc.
>
> Now we're in the process of migrating away from the 3000s to newer ASA
> boxes, although they don't seem to support this MIB.
>
> I can connect to them using SNMP, but they dont respond to the OIDs etc
> in that mib.
>
> We also have some monitoring software called Intermapper, for which we
> have a probe written for the 3000s which used the same mib. Thats not
> working against the ASAs either.
>
> How do I get user connectivity info/stats out of one of the ASA box
> using SNMP? Is it a question of enabling it on the ASA box or do I have
> to use a different mib and re-develop the code from scratch?
>
> Any help appreciated
>
> Thanks
>
> Cliff Dabbs

Cliff

Thanks, thats great info....makes sense....its a pitty they omitted the
one i was interested in!

I'm looking through the mibs to find the info on connected
users...don't suppose you know where it is?

Thanks

Cliff.

James wrote:
> The VPN 3000's wern't originally a Cisco product - Cisco aquired a
> company called Altiga.
>
> As the ASA is based on the PIX platform you will have to take a look
> through the relevant MIBS here:-
>
> http://www.cisco.com/public/sw-cente...mtk/mibs.shtml
>
> James

Cliff

Thanks again...managed to find it...it was in the RAS Sessions MIB

Now its starting to make a little more sense!

Cliff.

Replace a VPN3000 with an ASA ? Martin Bilgrav Cisco 1 03-05-2007 06:33 PM
VPN3000 v4.7 Wil Schultz Cisco 0 03-12-2005 06:25 PM
CISCO VPN3000 - Million Dollar Question Matthew Cisco 1 10-01-2004 04:56 AM
VPN3000, radius: error = -9 ("ENOBUFS") Dietmar Romer Cisco 0 08-02-2004 06:34 PM