Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > UK VOIP > Question about betamax

Question about betamax

ŽStephen Hammond

Can you get the recipient to get CLID on there phone so

erm

If I phone someone with internet calls is it possible that the recipient is
shown a number via CLID so they know who's calling and can call back

ermm.. I hope thats clear

Jono

ŽStephen Hammond brought next idea :
> Can you get the recipient to get CLID on there phone so
>
> erm
>
> If I phone someone with internet calls is it possible that the recipient is
> shown a number via CLID so they know who's calling and can call back
>

> ermm.. I hope thats clear

If you're asking about www.internetcalls.com, what number gets
presented to the person you are calling.?......then, unless you've
"bought" a VoIP In number, then no.....and I believe you cannot obtain
one at the moment/anymore

On some of the betamax clones, you can specify an outgoing CLI - any
you like, apparently. I cannot get the same functionality with
internetcalls.com. (Search this group for {{{{{Welcome}}}}'s thread on
this subject)

there is a section in the control panel to add other numbers, however,
I cannot see anything that allows me to present these numbers for
outbound calls. One thing that /is/ promised is to be able to present
your actual mobile number on outgoing text messages sent from your
account. This involves a verification text being sent, which is
chargeable, you then enter the code into your account......I got the
text, but the code would not work.

If anyone can prove me wrong, I would like to know how to set it up
myself!

Graham

> there is a section in the control panel to add other numbers, however,
> I cannot see anything that allows me to present these numbers for outbound
> calls.

My comments below refer to voipcheap.co.uk. They may also pertain to other
clones.

In the softphone go to tools-options-call settings
you should have a dropdown menu called 'your voip-in phonenumber'
with all the numbers you entered in file- your personal profile.

If yours has a fixed field that cannot be changed, it is because the account
you are using came with a voip-in number.
Sign up again for a new account and log in with the new credentials and see
the difference.
(You will get some free trial calls even if you don't topup).

I never managed to use a voipcheap.co.uk account for spoofing CLI *other*
than
using the softphone, anyone got Asterisk to do it?
--

Graham.

%Profound_observation%

Jono

Graham wrote :
>> there is a section in the control panel to add other numbers, however,
>> I cannot see anything that allows me to present these numbers for outbound
>> calls.

> My comments below refer to voipcheap.co.uk. They may also pertain to other
> clones.
>
> In the softphone go to tools-options-call settings
> you should have a dropdown menu called 'your voip-in phonenumber'
> with all the numbers you entered in file- your personal profile.
>
> If yours has a fixed field that cannot be changed, it is because the account
> you are using came with a voip-in number.
> Sign up again for a new account and log in with the new credentials and see
> the difference.
> (You will get some free trial calls even if you don't topup).

It doesn't work on a new internetcalls account.

> I never managed to use a voipcheap.co.uk account for spoofing CLI *other*
> than
> using the softphone, anyone got Asterisk to do it?

I'm interested in that too......

Aidan Whitehouse

>> Sign up again for a new account and log in with the new credentials and
>> see the difference.

> It doesn't work on a new internetcalls account.

nor on a new voipcheap.com account - they don't even give you a voip-in
number (CLI is withheld unless using the callback facility, when it presents
the callback number). I take it that I am not doing something wrong?

Graham

"Aidan Whitehouse" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:u4kNg.26221$(E-Mail Removed)...
>>> Sign up again for a new account and log in with the new credentials and
>>> see the difference.

>> It doesn't work on a new internetcalls account.

> nor on a new voipcheap.com account - they don't even give you a voip-in
> number (CLI is withheld unless using the callback facility, when it
> presents the callback number). I take it that I am not doing something
> wrong?

Yes, I tried it on the .com variant, and it doesn't work.
voipcheap.co.uk is the only one that I can vouch for,
with the proviso that the account didn't come with a number.
--

Graham.
%Profound_observation%

Incoming number on betamax companies RH UK VOIP 2 03-04-2006 10:29 AM
Finarea >>> Betamax paul123 UK VOIP 10 01-08-2006 12:23 PM
Hollywood is Trying to Kill Betamax! Why? Silichip DVD Video 74 09-21-2004 07:19 AM
Hollywood is Trying to Kill Betamax! Why? Silichip DVD Video 3 09-15-2004 06:26 PM
SD Cards = BetaMax? Rob Digital Photography 29 02-29-2004 07:07 PM

Advertisments