Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > Output DLL

Output DLL

anonymous

Sorry for this silly question.

Where would I find the DLL /EXE for my WebProject . The bin folder has only
reference DLLs . I need this to run my FxCop

Thanks

S. Justin Gengo

Once you build your web project the .dll for it will be in the bin folder
also and will have the same name as the web project itself.

Regards,

--
S. Justin Gengo
Web Developer / Programmer

Free code library:
http://www.aboutfortunate.com

"Out of chaos comes order."
Nietzsche

"anonymous" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Sorry for this silly question.
>
> Where would I find the DLL /EXE for my WebProject . The bin folder has
> only reference DLLs . I need this to run my FxCop
>
> Thanks

anonymous

Sorry Justin

It is not happening so.

I did build and Rebuild few times to find it

I am using VS 2005 and it is running it using the internal webserver when I
run the app

"S. Justin Gengo" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
message news:%(E-Mail Removed)...
> Once you build your web project the .dll for it will be in the bin folder
> also and will have the same name as the web project itself.
>
> Regards,
>
> --
> S. Justin Gengo
> Web Developer / Programmer
>
> Free code library:
> http://www.aboutfortunate.com
>
> "Out of chaos comes order."
> Nietzsche
>

> "anonymous" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Sorry for this silly question.
>>
>> Where would I find the DLL /EXE for my WebProject . The bin folder has
>> only reference DLLs . I need this to run my FxCop
>>
>> Thanks

Juan T. Llibre

Have you tried publishing your web site ?
You can select a folder to publish to.

"Publish" is in the "Build" menu in VS 2005,
just under "Rebuild" which you have been using.

http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/20yh9f1b.aspx

Juan T. Llibre, asp.net MVP
asp.net faq : http://asp.net.do/faq/
===================================
"anonymous" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Sorry Justin
>
> It is not happening so.
>
> I did build and Rebuild few times to find it
>
> I am using VS 2005 and it is running it using the internal webserver when I run the app
>

> "S. Justin Gengo" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:%(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Once you build your web project the .dll for it will be in the bin folder also and will have the
>> same name as the web project itself.
>>
>> Regards,
>>
>> --
>> S. Justin Gengo
>> Web Developer / Programmer
>>
>> Free code library:
>> http://www.aboutfortunate.com
>>
>> "Out of chaos comes order."
>> Nietzsche
>>

>> "anonymous" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>>> Sorry for this silly question.
>>>
>>> Where would I find the DLL /EXE for my WebProject . The bin folder has only reference DLLs . I
>>> need this to run my FxCop
>>>
>>> Thanks

Laurent Bugnion

Hi,

anonymous wrote:
> Sorry for this silly question.
>
> Where would I find the DLL /EXE for my WebProject . The bin folder has only
> reference DLLs . I need this to run my FxCop
>
> Thanks

In the new ASP.NET 2.0 website model, there isn't necessarily a DLL. The
code can also be uploaded to the webserver and be compiled on demand.

If you want a DLL, you can publish your website (Build / Publish web
site) to another folder. This will create a DLL with a unique (and
cryptic) name in the bin folder.

Another option (which I prefer) is to use the Web Application Project,
which gives you total control over the DLL, just like it was in VS2003
and ASP.NET 1.1
http://webproject.scottgu.com/

HTH,
Laurent