Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Firefox > Firefox home reverts to msn

Firefox home reverts to msn

Mark Weedon

Folks,

For some reason my Firefox home page keeps reverting to MSN... which is
exactly what i don't want!

It seems to happen on reboot mainly.

Any ideas how i can stop it?

cheers,

/mark

gwtc

Mark Weedon wrote:
> Folks,
>
> For some reason my Firefox home page keeps reverting to MSN... which is
> exactly what i don't want!
>
> It seems to happen on reboot mainly.
>
> Any ideas how i can stop it?
>
> cheers,
>

> /mark

what do you have running in the background that might be doing that?

--
Pic of the Day -- Toothache Problems?
http://img204.imageshack.us/my.php?i...nedropshb1.jpg

hkluis hkluis is offline
Junior Member

I had the same problem on my ThinkPad, and then I found a setting "Override home page" on my wireless connection profile that controls the revert.

If you have Thinkpad, start the ThinkVantage Access Connection icon on the system tray (lower right corner of screen). Click "Manage" below the menu bar. Select the currently connected profile. Click menu "Profile Action", Edit... At the profile dialog, go to tab "Additional Settings". Uncheck "Override home page".

If you don't have ThinkPad, then see if your computer has a similar configuration for its wireless or LAN profiles.

When all else fail, try this: start regedit and search for "http://www.microsoft.com/isapi/redir.dll?prd=ie&pver=6&ar=msnhome". If you can find this string, the containing folder might give you some clue as to the app that reverts it. Note that you might have a search hit on IE -- that's not it; keep searching.