Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Wireless Networking > 'Wireless Zero Configuration' won't start automatically

'Wireless Zero Configuration' won't start automatically

glyn012003 via WindowsKB.com

Can anybody help with a wireless annoyance?! I have just set up a Belkin
Wireless High Speed Mode USB Adapter (F5D7051) with an AOL-supplied NetGear
router to set up a wireless network on an Hewlett Packard desktop for my
father. [Took ages for one thing - nothing ran as per the instructions for
either kit!].

The problem: wew are working wirelessly, but the 'Wiresless Zero
Configuration' won't start automatically - I have to go into 'Start', 'Run',
'services msc' - and start it manually everytime the PC is switched on.
Everything is set to automatic as far as I can see. AOL say it's Belkin's
problem, Belkin say it's HPs probelm. Any clues would be much appreciated!

=?Utf-8?B?am13aWxscw==?=

How current is your driver for this device?
--
MCP (2K) Net+, A+
Server-Networking MVP

"glyn012003 via WindowsKB.com" wrote:

> Can anybody help with a wireless annoyance?! I have just set up a Belkin
> Wireless High Speed Mode USB Adapter (F5D7051) with an AOL-supplied NetGear
> router to set up a wireless network on an Hewlett Packard desktop for my
> father. [Took ages for one thing - nothing ran as per the instructions for
> either kit!].
>
> The problem: wew are working wirelessly, but the 'Wiresless Zero
> Configuration' won't start automatically - I have to go into 'Start', 'Run',
> 'services msc' - and start it manually everytime the PC is switched on.
> Everything is set to automatic as far as I can see. AOL say it's Belkin's
> problem, Belkin say it's HPs probelm. Any clues would be much appreciated!

glyn012003 via WindowsKB.com

The driver will be the one supplied with the device on the CD - not sure on
how old? The whole set up has been a nightmare, with the installations and
configurations not going as described and needing support from both Belkin
and AOL!

jmwills wrote:
>How current is your driver for this device?
>> Can anybody help with a wireless annoyance?! I have just set up a Belkin
>> Wireless High Speed Mode USB Adapter (F5D7051) with an AOL-supplied NetGear

>[quoted text clipped - 7 lines]
>> Everything is set to automatic as far as I can see. AOL say it's Belkin's
>> problem, Belkin say it's HPs probelm. Any clues would be much appreciated!

=?Utf-8?B?am13aWxscw==?=

Are you also using a program that came with the card? If so, uninstall it
and let Windows manage the connection. That third party program may be set
to shut down WZC.
--
MCP (2K) Net+, A+
Server-Networking MVP

"glyn012003 via WindowsKB.com" wrote:

> The driver will be the one supplied with the device on the CD - not sure on
> how old? The whole set up has been a nightmare, with the installations and
> configurations not going as described and needing support from both Belkin
> and AOL!
>
> jmwills wrote:
> >How current is your driver for this device?
> >> Can anybody help with a wireless annoyance?! I have just set up a Belkin
> >> Wireless High Speed Mode USB Adapter (F5D7051) with an AOL-supplied NetGear

> >[quoted text clipped - 7 lines]
> >> Everything is set to automatic as far as I can see. AOL say it's Belkin's
> >> problem, Belkin say it's HPs probelm. Any clues would be much appreciated!

glyn012003 via WindowsKB.com

Thank you. Is this easy to check and then arrange for Windows to manage it?
Sorry if that sounds a dim question.

jmwills wrote:
>Are you also using a program that came with the card? If so, uninstall it
>and let Windows manage the connection. That third party program may be set
>to shut down WZC.
>> The driver will be the one supplied with the device on the CD - not sure on
>> how old? The whole set up has been a nightmare, with the installations and

>[quoted text clipped - 7 lines]

=?Utf-8?B?am13aWxscw==?=

Simple. Since you don;t install the other program , WZC has to take over and
run the connection.
--
MCP (2K) Net+, A+
Server-Networking MVP

"glyn012003 via WindowsKB.com" wrote:

> Thank you. Is this easy to check and then arrange for Windows to manage it?
> Sorry if that sounds a dim question.
>
> jmwills wrote:
> >Are you also using a program that came with the card? If so, uninstall it
> >and let Windows manage the connection. That third party program may be set
> >to shut down WZC.
> >> The driver will be the one supplied with the device on the CD - not sure on
> >> how old? The whole set up has been a nightmare, with the installations and

> >[quoted text clipped - 7 lines]

glyn012003 via WindowsKB.com

Thank you - I'll try this as soon as I can!

jmwills wrote:
>Simple. Since you don;t install the other program , WZC has to take over and
>run the connection.
>> Thank you. Is this easy to check and then arrange for Windows to manage it?
>> Sorry if that sounds a dim question.

>[quoted text clipped - 7 lines]

=?Utf-8?B?amFjMzQ=?=

I had exactly the same problem but using an orange livebox router instead. I
have uninstalled all the software that came with the Belkin adaptor, but then
when I plug the adaptor back into the pc it does not recognise the usb device
and I do not get the option to search for wireless networks? Can anyone help
here?