Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Wireless Networking > My wireless network disappeared!

My wireless network disappeared!

=?Utf-8?B?TGF1cmEyMjIy?=

Will someone please help me? My wireless network icon just disappeared and i
have no idea how to connect to my wireless internet now. My router is hooked
up and so is my modem, and my friends wireless works fine. Where did it go
and how do I get it back? My wireless switch won't even turn on.

=?Utf-8?B?TWFkRG9n?=

What type of computer do you have ?? What manufacturer ?? Have you tried
checking with them ??

MD

"Laura2222" wrote:

> Will someone please help me? My wireless network icon just disappeared and i
> have no idea how to connect to my wireless internet now. My router is hooked
> up and so is my modem, and my friends wireless works fine. Where did it go
> and how do I get it back? My wireless switch won't even turn on.

=?Utf-8?B?V2luIDk4IFBDIENhbid0IENvbm5lY3QgdG8gSW50ZXJuZXQ=?=

I have a similar problem. My Windows 98 PC has been connected via a PCI
wireless card to my home network. Suddenly it says it can connect to the
access point but cannot connect to the internet. Nothing has changed. My
laptop has no problem connecting with its wireless card so I don't believe it
is the cable modem or the router that is the problem. The Wired machine I am
on now works fine. How do you get it to find the DHCP server?

Thanks in advance.

Mike