Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > UK VOIP > voicestick -- too good to be true??

voicestick -- too good to be true??

benn686@hotmail.com

I just came across this service and I must be missing something...

they'll give you a free LOCAL pstn number, that anyone using a regular
PSTN phone can you from, and it will ring on your voicestick SIP
equipment, all for free!

They do have some paid services such as call forwarding, which Im
guessing means if the voicestick SIP equipment you are trying to reach,
doesnt answer or isnt on, it will automatically route it to a PSTN
phone.

Anyone have any experience with them?

PhilT

> I just came across this service and I must be missing something...

that statement and the hotmail address suggest to me you are probably a
spammer trying to promote some service. As you failed to provide a URL
you must be new to this.

Have a nice day.

Graham

> that statement and the hotmail address suggest to me you are probably a
> spammer trying to promote some service.

I thought that at first, but looking at his previous posts, I don't there is
any malicious intent.

The OP might also look at http://www.sipgate.co.uk/ and
http://www.orbtalk.co.uk/
who also give free incomming geographic numbers.
--

Graham.
%Profound_observation%

Graham

> that statement and the hotmail address suggest to me you are probably a
> spammer trying to promote some service.

I thought that at first, but looking at his previous posts, I don't there is
any malicious intent.

The OP might also look at http://www.sipgate.co.uk/ and
http://www.orbtalk.co.uk/
who also give free incomming geographic numbers.

Sorry if this appears twice, trouble with newsserver.
--

Graham.
%Profound_observation%

Ivor Jones

"Graham" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)
> > that statement and the hotmail address suggest to me
> > you are probably a spammer trying to promote some
> > service.

> I thought that at first, but looking at his previous
> posts, I don't there is any malicious intent.
>
> The OP might also look at http://www.sipgate.co.uk/ and
> http://www.orbtalk.co.uk/
> who also give free incomming geographic numbers.
>
> Sorry if this appears twice, trouble with newsserver.

IME when anyone starts a post with the words "I just came across this
service" it's almost always a spammer or an affiliate link.

Ivor

Jono

It happens that Ivor Jones formulated :

> "Graham" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)
>> > that statement and the hotmail address suggest to me
>> > you are probably a spammer trying to promote some
>> > service.

>> I thought that at first, but looking at his previous
>> posts, I don't there is any malicious intent.
>>
>> The OP might also look at http://www.sipgate.co.uk/ and
>> http://www.orbtalk.co.uk/
>> who also give free incomming geographic numbers.
>>
>> Sorry if this appears twice, trouble with newsserver.

> IME when anyone starts a post with the words "I just came across this
> service" it's almost always a spammer or an affiliate link.
>
> Ivor

.....but without a link...?

Anyway, assuming the OP had good intentions, and to add to Graham's
comments, the OP could look at <http://www.voiptalk.org/reallyvoip> or
<https://www.voiptalk.org/products/really_useful_signup.php> - free geo
number and, at least when I signed up, a 2 call credit included.

Ivor Jones

"Jono" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)
> It happens that Ivor Jones formulated :

[snip]

> > IME when anyone starts a post with the words "I just
> > came across this service" it's almost always a spammer
> > or an affiliate link.

> ....but without a link...?

I did say spammer *or* affiliate link..! Wake up at the back <g>

Ivor

News Reader

news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> "Graham" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)
> > > that statement and the hotmail address suggest to me
> > > you are probably a spammer trying to promote some
> > > service.

> > I thought that at first, but looking at his previous
> > posts, I don't there is any malicious intent.
> >
> > The OP might also look at http://www.sipgate.co.uk/ and
> > http://www.orbtalk.co.uk/
> > who also give free incomming geographic numbers.
> >
> > Sorry if this appears twice, trouble with newsserver.

> IME when anyone starts a post with the words "I just came across this
> service" it's almost always a spammer or an affiliate link.
>
> Ivor

Hi,

And when you come across a service or site you would like to let others know
about / that you think others would find useful or might be interested in or
appreciate being informed about... how do you start such a post?

I understand what you are saying Ivor and often you would be right in your
thoughts about such posts - but that doesn't make them all suspicious /
illegitimate.

Best wishes,

News Reader

Ivor Jones

"News Reader" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:ee6p14$fd6$(E-Mail Removed)

[snip]

> And when you come across a service or site you would like
> to let others know about / that you think others would
> find useful or might be interested in or appreciate being
> informed about... how do you start such a post?

Think whether you really need to. If someone *asks* what would be a good
service/system or whatever, then by all means reply, but I don't see that
there is a need to post just to say "I think this is brilliant" - even if
you think it's helping people, it could be regarded as
advertising/spamming, rightly or wrongly.

That's not to say that there are never times when something is worth
shouting from the rooftops about, but IMHO it's rare.

> I understand what you are saying Ivor and often you would
> be right in your thoughts about such posts - but that
> doesn't make them all suspicious / illegitimate.

True, but unfortunately the legitimate ones have been tarred with the
wrong brush.

Ivor

M.Dexter@blueyonder.co.uk

On Tue, 12 Sep 2006 19:14:39 +0100, "Ivor Jones"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Think whether you really need to. If someone *asks* what would be a good
>service/system or whatever, then by all means reply, but I don't see that
>there is a need to post just to say "I think this is brilliant" - even if
>you think it's helping people, it could be regarded as
>advertising/spamming, rightly or wrongly.

And of course the grand Ayatollah Ivor WOULD immediately think it was
spam seeing that he has a fettish about spam and spammers .

Voicestick with Fritzbox ? Kev UK VOIP 0 06-14-2007 03:54 PM
Is VoiceStick still offering Free DIDs? Ramon F Herrera VOIP 3 01-18-2007 03:41 AM
voicestick Rick Merrill VOIP 3 06-20-2006 08:30 PM
VoiceStick? FlatCreek VOIP 5 06-02-2006 02:45 AM
VoiceStick I2Bridge service - how good, or bad?? BigBen VOIP 1 05-25-2006 08:16 PM

Advertisments