Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Firefox > Firefox & Google Maps

Firefox & Google Maps

Joe

Running Firefox 1.5.0.6

When I open Google Maps the vertical bar that changes the scale of the
map on the left is missing.
I tried disabling all my extensions, makes no difference.

Any ideas????

eveversion4

Joe wrote:
> Running Firefox 1.5.0.6
>
> When I open Google Maps the vertical bar that changes the scale of the
> map on the left is missing.
> I tried disabling all my extensions, makes no difference.
>
> Any ideas????

I'm just guessing, do you have the Sun Java Runtime Environment
installed? You need it for Firefox to use Java properly.

eve
eveversion4

remove "dontsendmecrap" to reply

gwtc

eveversion4 wrote:
> Joe wrote:
>> Running Firefox 1.5.0.6
>>
>> When I open Google Maps the vertical bar that changes the scale of the
>> map on the left is missing.
>> I tried disabling all my extensions, makes no difference.
>>
>> Any ideas????
>>

> I'm just guessing, do you have the Sun Java Runtime Environment
> installed? You need it for Firefox to use Java properly.
>
> eve

java has nothing to do with it. Its javascript that needs to be checked.

--
Pic of the Day -- Yes, eating requires protective gear:
http://img157.imageshack.us/my.php?i...gburgerle2.jpg

Joe

Sun Java Runtime Environment is installed.
Both Java and Javascript are enabled.